We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

All change for 2025

1…112113115117118…199

Comments

  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,831
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I often used to use body measurements when I was losing weight as I was a very slow loser, usually only half pound a week with the occasional pound.  Quite of lot of Maintains as well so at least with taking measurements you can feel something is happening.

    With regard to the snacking I used to keep things like veg sticks and cherry tomatoes, as well as fruit in the fridge so I had something to snack on.  If you want something sweet Mikado sticks aren't too bad (0.5 syn each on SW - at least they were when I used to go).  I also had the problem of giving up smoking at the same time as trying to lose weight so often needed something to do with my hands when I wanted to smoke!

  • Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 3,312
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done on this months PADs . Enjoy your time off . My DD is having odd days rather than a full week . 
    Life is an adventure, never stop exploring.

  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,971
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    joedenise said:
    I often used to use body measurements when I was losing weight as I was a very slow loser, usually only half pound a week with the occasional pound.  Quite of lot of Maintains as well so at least with taking measurements you can feel something is happening.

    With regard to the snacking I used to keep things like veg sticks and cherry tomatoes, as well as fruit in the fridge so I had something to snack on.  If you want something sweet Mikado sticks aren't too bad (0.5 syn each on SW - at least they were when I used to go).  I also had the problem of giving up smoking at the same time as trying to lose weight so often needed something to do with my hands when I wanted to smoke!

    Thank you.  I wasn't expecting much to have changed, so I was surprised they had. It does make a difference to feel like something's happening, especially as I haven't really moved much in terms of weight the last couple of weeks.

    I always have fruit and veg in, but they weren't doing it for me the other day :D  I've heard about those Mikado things but never tried them.  I might look out for them - thank you!

    Well done on this months PADs . Enjoy your time off . My DD is having odd days rather than a full week . 
    Thank you :)  It's nice having lots of long weekends for sure! I do have one full week coming up though.

    Hope the meeting with unpleasant person wasn't too bad . Fantastic pads this month , I have been doing this since I came across your diary into a jar and have managed to save enough for a new washing machine , I knew mine was getting old so just through what I could spare in the jar , so happy not to have to take out credit so a big thank you from me ! X
    Wow, that is such an amazing result with your PADs, I'm so pleased for you, I bet that felt great!  I can't take credit for inventing them but it's so lovely to hear others doing it successfully as well :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • NeverendingDMP
    NeverendingDMP Posts: 2,492
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done and glad you feel like you have more energy. 
    Jan 18 Joint debts 35,213

    Mortgage Jan 18- 77224 Sept 26- just under 62k

    June 25 Debts in my name were £5170. Now 6122 (Oct 26)
    DH debts ?? at a guess £15k
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,971
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Well done and glad you feel like you have more energy. 
    Thank you :)
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 23,971
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    PAD (Payment a Day)

    Today's PAD - £7 
    Jan - £129
    Feb - £63
    Mar - £103
    Apr - £149
    May - £79
    June - £145
    July - £157
    August - £7
    "Good financial planning is about not spending money on things that add no value to your life in order to have more money for the things that do". Eoin McGee
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.