Advce on packages please !?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
1 reply 487 views
DGJsaverDGJsaver Forumite
2.8K Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hi All

I would love some advice , we are moving into a new pad and all our bills , TV , phone and broadband services are all going to start afresh , the thing I don’t want to do is makie a mistake and sign a contract with a provider that I shouldn’t of !#

The place is already wired up for Virgin/NTL , although it`s obviously just sat there waiting for me to call Virgin or not , it has virgin phone points and BT ones , and it has a line capable of up to 8mg blah blah on the broadband !

Has anyone got advice or opion on which services I should try and choose , ie BT or not to BT ! etc ?
Not sure which forum to put this in so went for this one as it mentions one of the services !

Cheers
Dan

Replies

• From personal experience I would stay clear of Eclipse. I am on their 18.99 package, 8mb speeds etc.

However, actual speeds are around 1.5Mbps, thats after complaining, < 1Mbps before, even though line rated at 7Mbps.

After a number of complaints Eclipse said gives preference on line speeds to those paying more. I'm sure the regulators and trading standards would be interested in that interpretation.

If I had cable I would go with Virgin.

Will be interested to see what others think as changing mine at the end of January.

Edit: Re Virgin though, read the topics below yours, may not be that good
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals