IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Britannia Parking charge from pub that I legitimately visited.

Options
Hi all, go easy on me and sorry if the information is available but I have a few specifics and welcome the advice of oracles here. 

1. Mid April, 10:15 on a Sunday I stopped off at a well know pub un Berkshire with my gf. It was dark, we were the only guests, we had one drink, not asked to fill in registration details. 

2. A week later I had a parking fine with 'photo proof'. wasn't aware of any signs but it was dark. 

3. I called pub immediately. they said they would add my registration to the 'leave alone list' . 

4. so of course three weeks later I git second letter, now £100. Court action etc. 

5. I am going to the pub this evening, I actually live 250 miles from it but I am ITA today. I will quite happily create a scene. 

6. SO, what do I do next Ignore, pay (no chance), appeal?

thanks all

Comments

• Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 895 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ideally get the pub to cancel the PCN on the basis that the driver was and is a genuine customer and the whitelist idea is an excellent solution going forward 

Do not miss any appeal deadline 
  • jimmymcnulty
    jimmymcnulty Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks, I have just logged in to this. I am a week inside 30 days but got this message

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."

Now it may be they did finally receive notice from the pub it was legit, or it may be they closed the window early and sending debt collectors after me. how do i find out?
  • Zbubuman
    Zbubuman Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thanks, I have just logged in to this. I am a week inside 30 days but got this message

"Unfortunately you are unable to appeal this charge at this time."

Now it may be they did finally receive notice from the pub it was legit, or it may be they closed the window early and sending debt collectors after me. how do i find out?
    Put the PCN details on their website. If nothing comes up it means that it was cancelled. 
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 895 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Post redacted pictures of the letters, both sides of the NTK PCN and the front of the last letter to

The appeal window closes after 28 days following the issue date on the postal NTK PCN letter 

I would still try to get the pub to cancel it, if its not been cancelled 
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,661 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 22 May at 3:58PM
    Options
    Can you name the pub and location please
  • jimmymcnulty
    Options
    ok, my mistake. it seems i read wrong date. its ben 5 weeks

i called pub up initially and they said they would sort it. it obviously didnt. I have the £13 bill on my account from drinks that night.

how do i finf out where i am with it? i typed PCN number in and my reg and got that message.  
  • jimmymcnulty
    Options
    also happy to name pub, after i have been down there
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,925 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No point going there in person if it's 250 miles away(?). Did you mean 25 miles? Politely ask the pub to cancel it (again).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jimmymcnulty
    Options
    No point going there in person if it's 250 miles away(?). Did you mean 25 miles? Politely ask the pub to cancel it (again).
    god no, but i frequently work here and here now. i wouldnt drive 250 miles to sort this
  • jimmymcnulty
    Options
    just gone onto website and selcted pay, types pcn and reg    yes they still want £100
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure