We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Virgin Money delay in distribution/dividend payment

Options
Is anyone else experiencing a delay with Virgin Money Stocks and Shares ISA paying the twice yearly dividend/distribution payment. There was one due on 15th May which I haven't received. Is anyone aware of any delays/problems with this since the new investment platform started in the New Year? And if so when/how they might be resolved. Thanks.

Comments

• bertiebalooga
    bertiebalooga Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I haven't received my distribution payment from 15th May either. Customer Services are being very vague about what's happening but seem to think it will be 5 to 7 working days late. I've raised a complaint but no response as yet. 
  • dsquared22
    dsquared22 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I haven't received my distribution payment from 15th May either. Customer Services are being very vague about what's happening but seem to think it will be 5 to 7 working days late. I've raised a complaint but no response as yet. 
    Thank you. Yes I phoned this morning and was told it would be up to ten working days late due to a technical fault. I asked whether it would be a regular pattern to pay a few days after the date and was told hopefully not but no promises etc. I found Customer services very helpful.
  • Kokoraki
    Kokoraki Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I called them yesterday (20th May) and was told it could be the 29th May before the dividend is distributed.  The person I spoke to could not (or would not) elaborate on the reason for this.  I raised a formal complaint through the complaints process because I rely on this income now I'm retired.  I pointed out that it was the equivalent of your employer randomly failing to pay your monthly salary without any warning.
  • Flying_Magpie
    Flying_Magpie Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi all, I’m in the same boat. I got a more definitive answer on web chat yesterday (Tues 21st May). I was told funds would be in my account on Wed 29th May i.e. a 2 week delay. I have also submitted a complaint on Fri 17th May for which I await a response. Although I’ve always received dividends on time, I do feel VM on this occasion could have passed on their apologies, communicated the issue, provided a timescale for resolution etc to customers to provide some reassurance. Fingers crossed the funds arrive in the next week or so.
  • dsquared22
    Options
    Hi all, I’m in the same boat. I got a more definitive answer on web chat yesterday (Tues 21st May). I was told funds would be in my account on Wed 29th May i.e. a 2 week delay. I have also submitted a complaint on Fri 17th May for which I await a response. Although I’ve always received dividends on time, I do feel VM on this occasion could have passed on their apologies, communicated the issue, provided a timescale for resolution etc to customers to provide some reassurance. Fingers crossed the funds arrive in the next week or so.
    Yes I've since been told the 29th. I agree they should have communicated in an email or on their website so we weren't left guessing especially for those who depend on the income.
  • Sutch
    Sutch Posts: 43 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I spoke to Will at VM on 20th May. His attitude was quite dismissive and told me "not to worry" as nobody had received their dividends. I told him that was hardly reassuring and reminded him that VM had managed to charge my monthly a/c fee on time.
    I expressed concern that their attitude appeared to be that distribution was optional.
    However, contrary to comments above he forecast payment on 25th. Not impressed
  • Flying_Magpie
    Flying_Magpie Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Let me know if and when you receive any response for those of you who have raised a complaint - I’ve heard nothing, but did check back with VM earlier and they are sticking with payment being made 29th May
  • dsquared22
    Options
    One positive of the delay is that unit prices have gone down since the election was announced so we might get more units for the money...  :)
  • Kokoraki
    Kokoraki Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    My dividend is now shown in the VM portal  - a full 10 days late.
  • dsquared22
    Options
    Yes mine's in there too in cash form. I guess units will be bought on Tuesday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure