Toyota DCA Not Response

Options
Following on from Martins programme and advice to register a claim for DCA.  I have submitted two applications to Toyota Financial Services have not received either an acknowledgement of my email or a response of any kind.  Any advice on what I can  do now?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,127 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May at 11:04AM
    Options
    Wait until the FCA review finishes in late September (maybe even later) and see what the FCA says

I wish Martin and MSE would make this clearer. NOTHING will happen until the FCA review finishes and the FCA may say there was no miss-selling so meaning the whole thing was a waste of time.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,769 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Following on from Martins programme and advice to register a claim for DCA.  I have submitted two applications to Toyota Financial Services have not received either an acknowledgement of my email or a response of any kind.  Any advice on what I can  do now?
    Did Martin not mention in his programme that the FCA has suspended complaints about DCA until after they have reviewed and published their report?   

Firms are not required to do anything with any complaints received until then.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MSE_James
    MSE_James Posts: 1,233 Community Admin
    First Post First Anniversary Cashback Cashier Newshound!
    Options
    Official MSE Forum Team member.
    Please report all problem posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • IWasBoredBeforeIEvenBegan
    Options
    If you have not had your claim acknowledged then I would chase it up.  They have an extension to give you a final response during the review, but they should acknowledge your complaints in good time and do as much work as they can on it in the downtime until the review outcome (get the commission and account info together etc).  If you still have no reply by now then chase it up and if you have no luck then resubmit your complaints.  Lenders are dealing with high volumes of inbound claims (thanks Martin!) so losing some in the ether is to be expected.  When working with a solicitors firm some years ago I'd estimate 1 in 10 letters before action they sent failed to get a response or were 'never received', some of these lenders complaints teams are mammoth affairs.  To clarify the pause / review should not affect them acknowledging your claim and they should deal with any issues, like locating your accounts and identifying commission in the meantime, it only affects how long they have to issue you with a final response to your complaint.
    I’ve seen some things man, and some stuff. I wouldn’t recommend any of it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure