🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

RBS ending Malwarebytes Premium subscription

Options
SydSnott
SydSnott Posts: 43 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
edited 29 May at 8:31AM in Budgeting & bank accounts
Just had a pop up stating my MBAM Premium subscription is ending!😲
Does anyone know how /where to continue basking in their protection for free?
I think I saw an offer from one of my institutions offering "Rapport" but I had no end of problems with it in the past and wouldn't want to experience that again!

Comments

• Beddie
    Beddie Posts: 708 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rapport is a clunky waste of time, as you found out.
    Malwarebytes free can be run manually for one-off scans, but does not have background protection running all the time. However, if you have an antivirus program (free is fine) and use a browser like Chrome which has other protections built in, you have no need for concern. 

• SydSnott
    Options
    Thanks @Beddie, I've been using the offered "Free" Premium account courtesy of RBS/NatWest for 5 years now and found it excellent but after this pop up heralding Armageddon, I was left "unfulfilled" information-wise!

Burning question:- How Much?
    NatWest says:-

Question: 85% discount off what?

MBAM Bot says No!
    Who's telling porkies?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Presumably Malwarebytes are simply claiming that they won't offer discounts in response to Joe Public asking for one, but that won't affect any corporate affiliate arrangements (which have been running at 100% discount!), so when you get the promised email next week, you should be able to compare the offered pricing with what you can see elsewhere?
  • SydSnott
    Options
    Thanks @eskbanker, waiting  but could do without the obfuscation as I get closer to holidays and have other pressing decisions to make re-homing ISAs and FTBs before I go and its like herding cats!
  • jameseonline
    jameseonline Posts: 530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Don't think I've ever been aware they offered it in the 1st place and I've been with NatWest and RBS for a while.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    SydSnott said:
    Thanks @eskbanker, waiting  but could do without the obfuscation as I get closer to holidays and have other pressing decisions to make re-homing ISAs and FTBs before I go and its like herding cats!
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Malwarebytes-Windows-Android-Premium-Activation/dp/B0CZ7KHB7J suggests RRP of £39.99 for two devices for 18 months, they offer a 38% discount from that but an 85% one should result in £6, i.e. £2 per device per year!
  • ForumUser7
    ForumUser7 Posts: 2,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Anyone here ever been 'saved' by Malwarebytes? Disappointing the coverage is ending, on their website it seems to suggest coverage is £2.50 per month. Therefore, with 85% discount, 37.5p per month (or 4.50 a year). I just feel like there must be a trade off at that price, or it's like an introductory offer or something.
    If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.

N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,526 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I still have Rapport running as well as Malwarebytes because Santander nags incessantly if I switch off Rapport! I'll wait and see whether NatWest offer Malwarebytes at a sensible discount ,otherwise I'll be back to one of the free AVs
  • Unicom4
    Unicom4 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    It’s a shame they are pulling Malwarebytes it’s is excellent and I have it installed on my windows laptop. Mac book pro iMac and iPad. 
    When I get the renewal will need to see what’s on offer my just take the paid for version for windows and iPad and the free. Version for iPad IMac and Mac book and install Sophos free version for them.

I got rid of rapport years ago alway had problems with it
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,237 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 15 May at 1:10PM
    Options
    I always wondered if Rapport had got any better. 
    It used to be that when people brought their erratically behaving computers to me and the owners saying 'I think I have been hacked' or 'I have a virus on my computer', I found that most of the times the culprit was either Rapport or Flash and there was nothing else wrong with their computers. I just uninstalled both and the computers ran fine.
    Past caring about first world problems.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport