🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Everest administration

Options
I recently paid 85% of an order for a door from Everest. I have just had an email from Anglian windows to say they will be taking on the customers from Everest after they went into administration. Do I have to go with Anglican or can I cancel the order and get a refund on the money I paid to Everest.
I paid through a credit card . Can I still get my money back through the credit card?

Comments

• Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 14,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a look here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6524522/everest-double-glazing-in-administration#latest

It's good that you paid on credit card.  The consensus seems to be that if you can demonstrate that Everest have breached their contract, that a section 75 claim should be possible.  The argument the card company might provide is that if Anglian are fulfilling the order, then no breach has occurred.  However, as seen on the other thread, there seems to be some fundamental differences between what you would have got from Everest and what's on offer from Anglian.  In summary, I'd speak to your card provider for advice.  I think there's a good case for a claim but it may take a while to unravel.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure