IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking fine for spending too much time spending money in there shop

Options
Hi all. 

I’m in need of a little advice. Me and the wife did a spot of shopping at a local sports direct hoping to kit her out for running. After 2 hours and 20 minutes of trying shoes, bottoms and tops on we finally walked out with a pair of leggings!!

Today I have received a CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE from “G24” due to being 20 minutes over the allowed 2 hours (doesn’t time fly!)

what’s my best course of action please

regards kieran

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,084 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Start by reading the newbies thread on this forum.
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And complain to the retail park management company and get the PCN cancelled ASAP 
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    After making your complaints, ignore G24 until/unless you receive a Letter Of/Before Claim from the PPC's solicitors, or a County Court Claim via the Northampton CNBC, come back to this thread for further advice. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Duall
    Duall Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Umkomaas said:
    After making your complaints, ignore G24 until/unless you receive a Letter Of/Before Claim from the PPC's solicitors, or a County Court Claim via the Northampton CNBC, come back to this thread for further advice. 
    Sounds scary at this point haha
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 5 May at 3:41PM
    Options
    It is not a fine.

There is nothing to be scared of. We help dozens of people every day fight this sort of thing, and the forum has a very high success rate of helping posters win in court.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Duall said:
    Umkomaas said:
    Sounds scary at this point haha
    LOL, not with G24! They don't sue.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad said:
    ...not with G24! They don't sue.
    This current thread says different...

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6525955/defence-struck-out-by-court

:) 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 5 May at 7:12PM
    Options
    Yes but sooo rarely! Not especially litigious is a better phrase.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Duall
    Duall Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gr1pr said:
    And complain to the retail park management company and get the PCN cancelled ASAP 
    Just spoke to the store manager and she explained they lease the car park off G24 and there is nothing she can do herself. I’ve proceeded to file an appeal on there website 
  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 May at 1:35PM
    Options
    Duall said:
    Gr1pr said:
    Just spoke to the store manager and she explained they lease the car park off G24 and there is nothing she can do herself. I’ve proceeded to file an appeal on there website 
    I dont believe her version at all 

I do believe that they lease the actual store itself, probably from a managing agent, acting on behalf of the landowner, but neither of the latter will be G24 

Sports direct have a store on a retail park near me, I think that possibly Savills are the managing agent and its definitely British Land that own the retail park 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback