IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Parking fine for spending too much time spending money in there shop

Options
2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 May at 6:05PM
    Options
    G24 don't own it!

She meant they lease it from the owners via a managing agent. That's not G24.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Duall
    Duall Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gr1pr said:
    Duall said:
    Gr1pr said:
    And complain to the retail park management company and get the PCN cancelled ASAP 
    Just spoke to the store manager and she explained they lease the car park off G24 and there is nothing she can do herself. I’ve proceeded to file an appeal on there website 
    I dont believe her version at all 

I do believe that they lease the actual store itself, probably from a managing agent, acting on behalf of the landowner, but neither of the latter will be G24 

Sports direct have a store on a retail park near me, I think that possibly Savills are the managing agent and its definitely British Land that own the retail park 
    Crown estates own a massive chunk of the area (evident with tall illuminated signage displaying stores names) but the sports direct premises is off a separate exit on a roundabout and was developed many years later and holds just this one store. I’ll try and find out who owns the land 
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,106 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Duall said:
    Gr1pr said:
    And complain to the retail park management company and get the PCN cancelled ASAP 
    Just spoke to the store manager and she explained they lease the car park off G24 and there is nothing she can do herself. I’ve proceeded to file an appeal on there website 

And they make these people managers, that is a total fob off that is quite ridiculous, they are purely a parking company, there is no reference to property either on their corporate web site, or Companies House classification.
    Once again the tail wags the dog, no wait it's Sports Direct a bit like a PPC only interested in profits customer service is way down the list.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure