Tesla Developments

Options
Reed_Richards
Reed_Richards Posts: 4,231 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 May at 10:44AM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
I have started this thread so that people with an interest in what Tesla are doing, or might do next, can post all about it here without being bothered by talk about other EVs.  I won't be posting here myself but I can see that there is a community of interest who love to discuss this stuff at length.
Reed

Comments

• JKenH
    JKenH Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Tesla surges 14% on reports of self-driving car partnership with Baidu

Chinese authorities have agreed to allow Tesla to introduce its Full Self Driving solution, leveraging mapping and navigation technology from Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), a Chinese tech giant.

Tesla shares jumped sharply in early trading on Monday while U.S.-listed Baidu stock also rose.

Through this collaboration with Baidu, Tesla not only acquired the necessary technological framework but also addressed key regulatory concerns about data security, easing the path for FSD’s deployment.

"Musk winning FSD approval in the key China market is a watershed moment for the Tesla story in our view," Wedbush analysts said in a note.

"While the long term valuation story at Tesla hinges on FSD and autonomous, a key missing piece in that puzzle is Tesla making FSD available in China which is now a done deal," they added.

Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,354 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Litigation to follow ? 

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on April 25 revealed that electric vehicle maker Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD) systems have been linked to hundreds of crashes and dozens of fatalities.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/inv/2022/INCR-EA22002-14496.pdf

Great concept unfortunately too many drivers lack common sense. 
  • JKenH
    Options
    A couple of stories from Inside EVs which suggest Tesla’s commitment to the Supercharger network may be on the wane. 

Tesla Axing Its Supercharger Team Puts The Entire Industry In The Dark

Tesla Has Already Canceled Four Planned Supercharger Sites In New York City

Northern Lincolnshire. 7.8 kWp system, (4.2 kw west facing panels , 3.6 kw east facing), Solis inverters, Solar IBoost water heater, Mitsubishi SRK35ZS-S and SRK20ZS-S Wall Mounted Inverter Heat Pumps, ex Nissan Leaf owner)
  • JKenH
    Options
    I saw on Facebook that Tesla, yesterday, had opened up more of their superchargers to non Tesla EVs. No supporting article, just hearsay.
  • NigeWick
    NigeWick Posts: 2,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I am in the process of taking Tesla to Court as I paid for Full Self driving and never received even the Beta version.
    The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract.
    Oliver Wendell Holmes
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,115 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hoenir said:
    Litigation to follow ? 

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) on April 25 revealed that electric vehicle maker Tesla's Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD) systems have been linked to hundreds of crashes and dozens of fatalities.

Seem like big numbers but there is no context in terms of accidents per mile driven compared to peers with and without adas. 
    Partly it seems obvious that the better the adas the les drivers will pay full attention so counter-intuitively a better adas leads to more accidents. 
    But otherwise do you ban all adas on the grounds that it reduces driver attention.  Surely the gold standard would be to see if each system increases or reduces accidents in the real world - but tricky with systems constantly evolving?

What concerns me is how patchy even the limited Tesla 'quarterly' accident rate reporting has become, surely if everything was great they would be crowing about it?!
    I think....
  • gefnew
    gefnew Posts: 888 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,361 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Seems to be his solution to everything. He sacked the whole marketing department last week.

I think that guy who's claiming Tesla is the next Enron may be on to something. (or perhaps he's just on something!)
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,115 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems to be his solution to everything. He sacked the whole marketing department last week.

I think that guy who's claiming Tesla is the next Enron may be on to something. (or perhaps he's just on something!)
    He does seem to be doing a Twitter on the company.  I don't think it is an Enron unless their are accounting irregularities it just seems like he no longer sees EVs as part of the core business - bit unusual as it is currently 90%(?) of revenues?
    I think....
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 2,354 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    michaels said:
    Hoenir said:
    Litigation to follow ? 

Seem like big numbers but there is no context in terms of accidents per mile driven compared to peers with and without adas. 
    Partly it seems obvious that the better the adas the les drivers will pay full attention so counter-intuitively a better adas leads to more accidents. 
    But otherwise do you ban all adas on the grounds that it reduces driver attention.  Surely the gold standard would be to see if each system increases or reduces accidents in the real world - but tricky with systems constantly evolving?

What concerns me is how patchy even the limited Tesla 'quarterly' accident rate reporting has become, surely if everything was great they would be crowing about it?!
    Monthly subscription software was no doubt intended to be a major money spinner. Any such report will dent public perception.  Margins on vehicle sales are falling as the competition increases and falling sales volumes suggest that those that can afford/want a Tesla increasingly already own one. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure