Vanguard S and S ISA Questions

Options
Hi

I currently have approx £10,500 in an 80% S and S ISA Vanguard account that I drip feed £200ish a month into. 

I decided to open a 100% more risky pot and I was going to move all of my 80% fund into it and then add a further 10k from a regular savings account. 

If I do this, does that put me over the threshold for the year and I will then get taxed on it?

If so, it may be worth leaving the 80% alone, putting my 10k savings into the 100% pot and continue paying £200 a month into that and just have two separate funds? 

Thanks

Comments

• gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 April at 5:23PM
    Options
    By 80%/100% do you mean LifeStrategy 80% and 100% Equity?

The funds you invest in within your ISA do not matter - all that matters is how much new cash have you paid into ISAs (including all types of ISAs) in total this tax year? as long as the total you have paid in this tax year is under £20k, you can top up til you hit that £20k amount.

Note, the value of your vanguard portfolio is not relevant, only the amounts you have paid in.
  • Albermarle
    Albermarle Posts: 22,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can move money from fund to fund in your ISA to your hearts content, with no implication for how much you add  new money to an ISA each tax year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback