PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

May 2024 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Pennypincin
    Pennypincin Posts: 225 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I spent around £10/12in Tesco yesterday.
    Mainly on salad, some veg and vegetarian protein.
    Decluttering campaign 2023
    2 🏅🏅 + 1 ⭐️
  • Soontobeoap
    Soontobeoap Posts: 966 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did an Aldi dash yesterday looking for treats to get DH eating again. He has no wish for food so no ideas. Nothing I bring home seems to tempt him. He is trying a bit harder now but it is hard when he has no appetite and  his smell and taste seem to have gone wonky. Anyway apart from some salad, bin bags and bread, it was all drinks and treats to tempt him. £33.00 spent. I am keeping  these spends within gc as sometimes life takes over for all of us but I do want to try to spend under last years total whatever comes our way. It is all spent on food whatever the reason and it helps me to see where money goes. Thanks again for keeping me accountable @elsiepac. I know it doesnt look like it sometimes but this is the one thing that I have control over at the moment.  
    craft stash 2023 =161 items 2024 = £100.00 /£180. 00 
                     91 made 2 mended

Decluttering challenge 26/150 🥇🥇🥇

GC 2022 = £3154.96 / £3,600
          2023 = £3334. 84/£3200. 
          2024 =. £1340.90/£3200

Jan £147.95, Feb  £180. 50 March £205.38,  April £434.49 🤯
    May £267. 57 June £182/ £200 
  • scandimore
    scandimore Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    £87.25 to declare for the weekly shop, a whole chicken which should do a few meals, hopefully stretching to chicken with sweet potato wedges salad and aioli, Thai curry with rice and spring rolls, flatbreads with chicken halloumi and salad, the other meals will be veggie (a pasta and spanakopita) also got lunchbox stuff and bagels / rolls for lunches. 
    May 2024 Grocery Challenge:    £445/£500 spent 
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 19 May at 2:38PM
    Options
    Hi all I'm over budget already. Lack of meal planning and 2 birthdays this month have definitely had an effect. Other than a small amount of veg, we shouldn't need anything else until we go away on saturday. 

Plan for this week
    Sunday - Crispy duck, chinese pancakes, hoisin sauce will served with vegetable rice 
    Monday -chicken slices with  sweet potato/butternut squash mash and veg
    Tuesday -chicken curry with rice and indian snacks
    Wednesday - cooked breakfast - cocktail sausages, bacon, eggs, beans and hash browns
    Thursday -minced beef quesadilla with fries/alphabites
    Friday - he!!o fresh meal 

Just done a freezer inventory and I can make all of the above using the freezer and stores other than buying some peppers, carrots and some baby corn. 
    I've got 2 freezer drawers full of homemade ready meals for lunches at work (I've not been using them due to rushing in the mornings) so I've already got a carrot soup out for tomorrow's lunch. Will work my way through some of them this week so it creates some more space in the freezer. 
    Grocery Challenge 2024
    Feb £419.82 Mar £599.53 Apr £405.69 May £531.37 Jun
    Declutter challenge 2024 0 items
  • SausageDogSandwich
    SausageDogSandwich Posts: 251 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Hello all, I’m upto £229.95. I haven’t ordered shopping for tonight as there’s a lot in the freezer and cupboard, I’ve just got some milk and fruit a few days ago, I’ll get some more grapes tomorrow and a few cucumbers, then I’ll either go shopping to ald1 on Friday or get a tesc0 delivery Saturday. I’ve fell out with sains for now as the fresh stuff has been terrible the last couple of times.

£229.95/385
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport