PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

2 weeks and noone has viewed the house

Options

Comments

• BarelySentientAI
    BarelySentientAI Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Something else to note, we signed the contract and she left the contract with us and didn't even sign the contract herself is this something she should of done to make this binding?
    A contract doesn't need to be signed, or even written down, to be binding.

This is especially true when both parties have acted as if it was signed.

They clearly have by marketing the property, and you have as well by asking to cancel it.
  • youth_leader
    youth_leader Posts: 2,485 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I think it is worth paying the money to leave them.  I also went with a sole agent who 'couldn't afford' to advertise on RightMove and I think it was a mistake as I had dropped the price twice with her. She was decent about it when I asked if she'd go joint so I could go onto RightMove with someone else, she waived her contract conditions and sent me a list of viewers.

Good luck.
    £216 saved 24 October 2014
  • BobT36
    BobT36 Posts: 591 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    cjdew said:
    It is definitely a slow market. We listed in 2022 and had to come off from selling, but we were on for £25k more than now, up for less than 3 days and had 3 viewers.

Been up for £25k less, and have a price where we hit 2 categories on Rightmove filters, in 2 weeks had 3 viewers. 1 was just (by their own admission) nosey as they always wanted to see inside the house (it's one of 4 opposite a gardens).... 
    £25k of what total, though? 

Think how much interest rates have gone up. Now do the maths on the total price and that, and see how far that £25k helps.. 

There's your "slow market", atop stupidly high total price of houses. 
  • GrannyKate
    GrannyKate Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting read - my house has been on market for 6 weeks and I've not had any viewers or any feedback or contact from Estate Agent.  I had three valuations all roughly the same.  Well established local firm.  I have sent them a complaint today about lack of contact, lack of advertising (Not in window display) and failure to put EPC certificate on the advert.  Done weeks ago (C) and on national system but not uploaded by EA. 
    2024 Decluttering Campaign 584/2024 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️
    2024 Weight loss target 0/28 lbs
    2024 1p challenge 131/366 days Total £121.92

• slackgarry
    slackgarry Posts: 57 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Failure to put EPC certificate on the advert.  Done weeks ago (C) and on national system but not uploaded by EA. 
    Same here chased them after advert went live. Chased again after 12 weeks provided me with link to EPC, But still not on RM. Turned out it was a problem with RM.
  • ognum
    ognum Posts: 4,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Selling is about price.  I have justbsold two properties at asking price.  The price we asked for didn't gouge the market and took into account the work needed or done.  One a family house that needs work has completed the other a small flat is progressing.  Both had the standard 10 viewers, both SSC within 20 days.

Get the price right it will sell.
  • GrannyKate
    GrannyKate Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was asked what I thought about price and gave a figure which I thought was about right or slightly under.  All agents independently valued it at £25000 more than that.  House round corner which is very similar but smaller and not so nice a position was on at £10000 less than mine for 2 weeks before mine - now under offer.  I would at least have expected some viewings. 
    2024 Decluttering Campaign 584/2024 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️
    2024 Weight loss target 0/28 lbs
    2024 1p challenge 131/366 days Total £121.92

• ciderboy2009
    ciderboy2009 Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I was asked what I thought about price and gave a figure which I thought was about right or slightly under.  All agents independently valued it at £25000 more than that.  House round corner which is very similar but smaller and not so nice a position was on at £10000 less than mine for 2 weeks before mine - now under offer.  I would at least have expected some viewings. 
    What is the amount of the offer though?  And what is the actual house price?

There is a possibility that the offer is under the asking price.  If this is by another £10k then that's £20k difference to your price - this isn't much of a difference if the house is up for sale at £1M but it it is it's only £150k
  • Selphie1UK
    Selphie1UK Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Something else to note, we signed the contract and she left the contract with us and didn't even sign the contract herself is this something she should of done to make this binding?
    I think you're clutching at straws here. The fact that they have marketed the property is evidence of the "contract". So you owe them money if you choose to exit the contract. The amount might be negotiable but I don't think it can be argued that they haven't done their "bit"

It does say on the Property ombudsman code of practice for residential estate agents, that they You must sign and date your terms of agreement before they are given to your client, so I'm not really sure, Ive never disputed owing them money, I have asked for a break down of costs which they refuse to give me and say I owe £495 which is stated in clause 13, but on the contract it states that if you waiver you 14 day cooling off period then you must pay costs has stated in clause 12, it's just very confusing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback