PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

2 weeks and noone has viewed the house

Options

Comments

• Bigphil1474
    Bigphil1474 Posts: 2,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Offer them what you think is fair and see what they say. Their service doesn't sound great, so maybe there's an opportunity for them to gain some valuable feedback from an unhappy customer. I'd be offering half or less.
  • Selphie1UK
    Selphie1UK Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Ok so when the initial draft was sent to approve for listing, there was only property details and pictures, on looking now the measurements for the property are all wrong, she has even got one bedroom sized at 6x8 ft and it's actually 13x14 ft, would I have grounds to cancel the agreement without any charges?
  • UnderOffer
    UnderOffer Posts: 802 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It is normally your responsibility to check the details of your listing before it goes live. I don’t doubt they are a poor EA but you’ve signed the contract so their fee is very likely still due. 
  • BarelySentientAI
    BarelySentientAI Posts: 699 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ok so when the initial draft was sent to approve for listing, there was only property details and pictures, on looking now the measurements for the property are all wrong, she has even got one bedroom sized at 6x8 ft and it's actually 13x14 ft, would I have grounds to cancel the agreement without any charges?
    You have whatever grounds the contract you signed gives you.
  • Scotbot
    Scotbot Posts: 1,473 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    No. It quite clearly states they are entitled to charge you commensurate to the work done. They have done work for you so you owe them money.  It may have been poor quality but you cannot argue they did nothing. You can argue the amount but if you pay them nothing you are in breach of contract. 
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think around 70% of people use Rightmove, so if it isn't listed there, you'll struggle to get viewings.

In my experience, prospective estate agents often have "viewers" lined up when they're trying to drum up business,   In your position, I'd pay the £495 exit fee and find a better estate agent and be more diligent in selecting them.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • ReadySteadyPop
    ReadySteadyPop Posts: 190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A house sells itself at the right price, doesn`t matter where it is marketed.
  • ReadySteadyPop
    ReadySteadyPop Posts: 190 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Scotbot said:
    A house sells itself at the right price, doesn`t matter where it is marketed.
    It does, buyers have to know it's for sale
    I didn`t say don`t market it, but there are more ways than Rightmove, and how many properties still sit on Rightmove unsold for years anyway?
  • Selphie1UK
    Selphie1UK Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Something else to note, we signed the contract and she left the contract with us and didn't even sign the contract herself is this something she should of done to make this binding?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback