Booking/Admin fee refund?

Options
Idpullthecurtain
Idpullthecurtain Posts: 95 Forumite
First Post
edited 18 April at 3:19PM in Consumer rights
I recently bought tickets to a concert.  That concert was then cancelled.  So my refund is being processed.  However the refund is not for the full amount, they dont seem to be willing to refund the "admin" fee.  This seems really wrong to me.  Is this right?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,859 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What do their terms and conditions say about the admin fee?
    Is the ticket payment processor responsible for the concert (i.e. one group that sells tickets and runs the concert) or are they a third party who is not at fault for the cancellation so their admin costs were still applicable?
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Time to read the Ts and Cs, most booking/admin fees are non-refundable and it will say so when making the purchase.
  • Idpullthecurtain
    Options
    Its Skiddle, ill need to read up.  It seems very unfair.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,525 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Its Skiddle, ill need to read up.  It seems very unfair.
    Assuming you bought from an agent, if it was a full refund including their fee then it also isn't fair on them as they'll have spent money selling the ticket to you and again now having to refund you and its equally not their fault the shows been cancelled. 

Compared to travel agents the fees tend to be much more modest.
  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Here it is from their Ts and Cs of supply of tickets, section 10, refunds and exchanges

10.7 Other fees such as Booking Fees, Handling/Postage fees, Charity Donations and Ticket Refund Protection are non-refundable under any circumstances.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It's not necessarily simply about Ts & Cs, in that if they contain a blanket statement that certain charges "are non-refundable under any circumstances" then such wording may fall foul of the unfair terms provisions of the Consumer Rights Act - perhaps worth asking for this thread to be moved to the consumer rights board, where there are posters familiar with this issue of fairness and how Ts & Cs can't override statutory rights, etc?
  • sausage_time
    sausage_time Posts: 756 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I have flagged for a potential move.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Credit Cards and Budgeting & Bank Accounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback