IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

DCBL - Parking Ticket at David Lloyd Car Park

Options
Hi there,

I really appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I've recently received a Claim Form to take me to court for not paying my PCN to which the costs are now £261.34.  I've not replied to any correspondence as I haven't been receiving the mail as I moved house and presume the mail was going to another address (although I appreciate it's my responsibility to ensure the DVLA are notified of the change in my address) etc.  It's only until I have recently changed my address with the DVLA that I've received the Claim Form.

The PCN was issue on 1st September for parking in David Lloyd Gym with a valid e-permit.  I pay £120 per month to be a member at David Lloyd Gym and apparently as I was in the car park for longer than 4 hours, I'm liable pay.  Now, on my induction  in July, I was never informed about this.  Having checked since, there is only 1 sign that was nowhere near where I parked my car.  There aren't any signs when you enter either.

I have spoke with David Lloyd and they have been in touch with ANPR to try and cancel the PCN.  I today have contacted DCBL myself to try and explain but they were trying to force me to pay the fee.

I need to respond today to the claim my response:
A) I accept but would like to time to pay
B) I accept part of the claim
C) I disagree with the claim

I'd like to disagree as I don't think I should have to pay as I'm a paying member of the gym.  Do I have enough to create a good enough defence to fight this in court? If not, I'm happy to accept and have time to pay.

I really do appreciate any help you can give.

Comments

• Lubyloo123
    Lubyloo123 Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ***without a valid e-permit
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 April at 4:17PM
    Options
    You obviously dispute ALL of the claim. 

As explained in the second post of the NEWBIES thread your deadline to defend is not today as long as you do the AOS (explained there).

Same as every case you read. No costs, no CCJ risked. Very easy.

Show us the Claim form first page but COVER UP:

- claim no
    - your data
    - your car VRM
    - the MCOL password (low on the right). 

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lubyloo123
    Options
    Hi

Thanks so much for your quick correspondence.

Right, I see what you mean. 

Here's the claim form below.  The deadline to respond to the claims form is today so I can do the AOS now. Do you think I have a good case?

Thank you.

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

The deadline to respond to the claims form is today so I can do the AOS now. Do you think I have a good case?
    You really need to read the Newbies/FAQ thread. Second post in particular.

You had until 4pm today to submit your AoS (described in great detail in the Newbies/FAQ thread how to do it). If you have now submitted your AoS, you then have until 4pm on Wednesday 17th April to submit your defence.

If you haven't submitted your AoS yet do so IMMEDIATELY. As of 4pm today, the claimant can file for a default CCJ.
  • Lubyloo123
    Options
    Hello,

Thanks for commenting.

I have read the Newbies Thread and I'll put a defence together and post my response on here before submitting.

I submitted at 4.10pm.. will that suffice do you think?
  • nopcns
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options

It should be OK but no guarantee.

You are now referring to the template defence thread. You can't use the CEL v Chan preliminary matter though.

When you show us the bit you have edited/added, there is no need to show us the whole defence but you will be using it in the full defence when you file it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 April at 6:16PM
    Options
    We don't even need to know anything about your case because DCB Legal ALWAYS discontinue single PCN claims (regardless of facts of the case) before paying a hearing fee.

Impossible to lose. Easy peasy.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Lubyloo123
    Options
    Let's hope they didn't file for the CCJ in those 10 minutes then.

A couple of questions:

-Do I still need to create a defence to submit?
    -What's the CEL vs Chan preliminary matter? Is that in relation to the detail of the POC or something else?

Thanks.
  • nopcns
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Newbies/AQ thread and the Template defence thread answer all your questions. Please read them properly.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 4 April at 10:41AM
    Options
    -Do I still need to create a defence to submit?
    -What's the CEL vs Chan preliminary matter? Is that in relation to the detail of the POC or something else?
    nopcns said:
    You are now referring to the template defence thread. You can't use the CEL v Chan preliminary matter though.
    As advised, reading the NEWBIE sticky will answer all of your questions.  You do need to use the template defence to help you compile yours BUT only show us the bits you add or amend.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure