IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Zzps pests! Please help

Options
Hello all! First post and not very savvy with all this, also struggling to navigate the site atm.

Currently being hounded by zzps and qdr regarding unpaid parking fine from oct 2023. Basically i parked in a disabled bay with someone who is a blue badge holder, long story short the badges fell of the dash and onto seat. Gets the ticket from all parking services uk i appealed this stating i was with a blue badge holder sent photos of said badges, appeal unsuccessful. Got hounded with a few letters and begrudgingly emailed all parkingservices  offering to pay the original £100 but not the £170 zzps wanted as i just had enough getting pestered. again rejected and said i have to pay the £170 to which i refused. Now my first email from qdr has come through, can you guys give me some guidance on what to do next? 

Thanks all in advance

Comments

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 511 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Stop reading or responding to debt collectors. Go back and re-read the Newbies/FAQ thread as it explains all this very clearly. Stop admitting liability by offering to pay the original £100 unless you are Ritchie Rich and don't mind funding scammers and being marked a 'mug' for the privilege.

Once you have re-read the Newbies/FAQ thread, re-read the letter from QDR and see if it is anything but a debt collection notice. Continue to ignore any and all debt collection letters and come back if/when you receive a Letter of Claim after re-reading the second post of the Newbies/FAQ thread.
  • Johnwaine
    Johnwaine Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    nopcns said:
    Stop reading or responding to debt collectors. Go back and re-read the Newbies/FAQ thread as it explains all this very clearly. Stop admitting liability by offering to pay the original £100 unless you are Ritchie Rich and don't mind funding scammers and being marked a 'mug' for the privilege.

Once you have re-read the Newbies/FAQ thread, re-read the letter from QDR and see if it is anything but a debt collection notice. Continue to ignore any and all debt collection letters and come back if/when you receive a Letter of Claim after re-reading the second post of the Newbies/FAQ thread.
    Nopcns, thanks for the response, i only responded to the actual parking firm not the debt collectors. This was before i found this site, i am now alot more clued up 😀 im just wondering have i already screwed up by offering to pay the original? 👍🏻
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope.  Ignore ZZPS now.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Displaying a blue badge in a private car park is a courtesy by the BB holder to help the parking company who accept the BB as an aid for their patrols. 
    The BB itself is issued for use in authority controlled car parks and highways not private car parks, it holds no legal standing in a private car park.
    So why on earth would you even think of paying a greed scammer that has basically ignored a genuine situation, and where the legitimacy to park there was subsequently proven, and could have been verified by a quick look in the car by the operative?
    The appeals route to the PPC is there exactly for cases like this, but they choose to reject it because they are nasty greedy Muppets, as for the debt collectors they are in on the scam with their no win no fee approach, so ignore them.
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ZZPS is known as the GREAT OSNER SCAM

MONEY SCAMMERS WITHOUT PORTFOLIO

And QDR are their little mates
  • Johnwaine
    First Post
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    Displaying a blue badge in a private car park is a courtesy by the BB holder to help the parking company who accept the BB as an aid for their patrols. 
    The BB itself is issued for use in authority controlled car parks and highways not private car parks, it holds no legal standing in a private car park.
    So why on earth would you even think of paying a greed scammer that has basically ignored a genuine situation, and where the legitimacy to park there was subsequently proven, and could have been verified by a quick look in the car by the operative?
    The appeals route to the PPC is there exactly for cases like this, but they choose to reject it because they are nasty greedy Muppets, as for the debt collectors they are in on the scam with their no win no fee approach, so ignore them.
    Fisherjim, thanks for the info. Dont ask why i offered to pay i guess the constant hounding finally got to me and was also stressing my mother who is the bb holder. Apparently they say on the sign on the car park states bb holders are not exempt? 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 March at 12:56PM
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Ignore the letters.  Come back of they try a court claim. It's actually easier to defend a parking case than appeal it.  And 'All Parking Services' has never sued anyone!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,039 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Johnwaine said:
    fisherjim said:
    Fisherjim, thanks for the info. Dont ask why i offered to pay i guess the constant hounding finally got to me and was also stressing my mother who is the bb holder. Apparently they say on the sign on the car park states bb holders are not exempt? 
    BB badge holders are rarely exempt from paying for parking why do you think they are, I live in Devon even council car parks charge BB holders to park did you expect it to be free?

• Johnwaine
    First Post
    Options
    fisherjim said:
    Johnwaine said:
    fisherjim said:
    BB badge holders are rarely exempt from paying for parking why do you think they are, I live in Devon even council car parks charge BB holders to park did you expect it to be free?

Huh? I did yes to be honest? My bad. You told me why on earth did i think about paying these scammers when i was with a bb holder? But now your saying did i expect it to be free? Am i missing something? So is this worth defending or not seem like mixed signals
  • Johnwaine
    First Post
    Options
    Just to clarify, this parking lot was appartment block as we were visiting a resident i presumed i could park in the disabled bay with a bb. I dont think you can pay to park there
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback