Jet 2 Seating

Options
13»

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Limit it to 1 bag per person, handbags and other bags must fit in the '1 bag'.
    The exception being sealed duty free bags from that airport.
    Alternatively, board those with a single bag first and then let those that need multiple bags find a slot later.

In the past I had a lady put an open bag of stuff under the seat in front of me. I asked her to remove it since I wanted to stretch out my legs and she refused because 'the  stewardess told her to put it there'. I asked the stewardess to  get it moved and she had a go at me. So in the end I took my shoes off and wiggled my sweaty feet in and around the contents of her bags. Petty, I know, but what is life without whimsy?
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,272 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Limit it to 1 bag per person, handbags and other bags must fit in the '1 bag'.
    The exception being sealed duty free bags from that airport.
    Alternatively, board those with a single bag first and then let those that need multiple bags find a slot later.

In the past I had a lady put an open bag of stuff under the seat in front of me. I asked her to remove it since I wanted to stretch out my legs and she refused because 'the  stewardess told her to put it there'. I asked the stewardess to  get it moved and she had a go at me. So in the end I took my shoes off and wiggled my sweaty feet in and around the contents of her bags. Petty, I know, but what is life without whimsy?
    Some years back I had something similar. I was seated in row 2 and woman in row 1 had a fair bit of luggage and didn’t want to be parted from her large wicker bag, stewardess told her to put it under her own seat. I watched as she forced my small handbag out of the way and filled the entire under seat with this overflowing bag of snacks for the flight. I called the stewardess and explained I wasn’t comfortable with this and there was no room for my own handbag, and she told me the flight was very busy, the overhead lockers were full but if I couldn’t get my own bag under the seat in front of me then she would have to take it away and try and find a space for it towards the back of the plane as my bag was a lot smaller than the wicker bag , and I said no. The lady next to me kindly offered to stow my handbag for me during take off .

I was wearing rather grubby trainers (it had been a city break with some wet weather) so I wiggled my feet and managed to get them on top of the bag basically crushing the food beneath them due to the weight. About 20 minutes into the flight the lady tried to retrieve her bag and called me a few choice words when she realised I’d been using her bag full of food as a foot cushion . Strangely enough, room was found in an overhead locker for it when we came to land. 

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 906 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Update ..booked in this morning and we are seated together.  Middle and window outward 21.  Coming back 2 aisle seats 24 so very happy.  Interestingly there are still a lot of spare seats at the back and a few ahead of us.  Thanks for all the comments and tips.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    MACKEM99 said:
    Update ..booked in this morning and we are seated together.  Middle and window outward 21.  Coming back 2 aisle seats 24 so very happy.  Interestingly there are still a lot of spare seats at the back and a few ahead of us.  Thanks for all the comments and tips.
    Where are you travelling too ,hope you have a great holiday.
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It's not surprising that there are empty seats on flights at this time of year, even to places like the Canary Islands.  If you have only just been able to check in I suspect your holiday is after the schools go back from the Easter Break.
  • MACKEM99
    Options
    TELLIT01 said:
    It's not surprising that there are empty seats on flights at this time of year, even to places like the Canary Islands.  If you have only just been able to check in I suspect your holiday is after the schools go back from the Easter Break.
    Back before bank hol.
  • MACKEM99
    Options
    Ganga said:
    MACKEM99 said:
    Where are you travelling too ,hope you have a great holiday.
    Spain thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure