IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How to respond to Civil national business centre

Options
Cev1234
Cev1234 Posts: 14 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
hi, please can someone help with how to respond to this action, apparent parking offence 2022. I have no recollection of this event and have received no other letters prior to this. It's very concerning. As I do not wish to have a CCJ against my name but I also do not not have the money to pay.

Thanks everyone. (Image removed by Forum Team)

Comments

• Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 310 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I've reported your image posted as it shows your claim number and password.
  • Thorndorise
    Thorndorise Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi there Cev1234

So I tried to find where you may have parked to get a fine, the only place I could find was via this link

https://www.yell.com/biz/port-of-wells-wells-next-the-sea-1371700/ 

Interestingly a stack of folk have had fines in 2022, and before, and are being chased by the same company, it may not be where you parked of course. A quick google maps search shows that this could be the car park, but it doesn't appear to have any signs about enforcement or T&Cs and so on. 

I see that civil enforcement have a premium rate number, so they're not above board as far as I can see...I might be wrong on this also, but it seems odd there is no further details about the location of the alleged parking, the name itself cannot be enough of an identifier surely....?
  • GrannyKate
    GrannyKate Posts: 1,463 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Really good page about parking at Wells from which you should be able to identify where you were parked
    https://wellsguide.com/visiting-wells-next-the-sea/visiting-by-car/
    2024 Decluttering Campaign 512/2024 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️
    2024 Weight loss target 1/25 lbs
    2024 1p challenge 104/366 days Total £91.91

• Thorndorise
    Thorndorise Posts: 37 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks Granny Kate, could you see this car park Old Life Boat house on there at all? I can't - in fact I did a search for Cev but to no joy other than the Wells one, not sure if its there though?
  • Nellymoser
    Options
    The experts will come on and advise you how to deal with this. In the meantime go to the Newbies Announcement read section on court claim ccj.
    Check your address is correct on your V5C if not that will need actioned. You may also wish to support this

So many people don't receive 1st and/or 2nd pcn but the £170 payment due letter often manages to drop through letter boxes. PPCs always claim discounted/full rate pcns, court claim/discontinuation letters were sent as dated though they offer no evidence to prove this.

Since they CHOOSE NOT to provide evidence of their posting we must continue to press gov to ensure they do and see it included in the new Parking CoP. Please sign/share @jmccabe petition closes 22nd june 2024.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
    Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable
    Thank you and good luck follow advice given you'll get through this without paying.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,788 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 March at 3:29PM
    Options
    Show the POC please (properly redacted) and tell us the date of issue of the Claim and is there a solicitor involved, or just good old Wonga-man* signing the claim?

*search the forum....  :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Thanks Granny Kate, could you see this car park Old Life Boat house on there at all? I can't - in fact I did a search for Cev but to no joy other than the Wells one, not sure if its there though?
    I think the "Old Life Boat House" is now the Harbour Office at Wells, but the Car park is only for the Harbour Master and Staff.
  • Nellymoser
    Options
    Show the POC please (properly redacted) and tell us the date of issue of the Claim and is there a solicitor involved, or just good old Wonga-man* signing the claim?

*search the forum....  :D
    @Cev1234 re post image of your claim letter, make sure this time your claim number and password are not showing. 
  • Cev1234
    Cev1234 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 27 March at 11:23AM
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone for your comments. I new to this and was attaching the form with details visible which then got taken down (Silly me). I have uploaded again @Nellymoser - thanks.

[Image removed by Forum Team]
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 March at 11:14AM
    Options
    There are two PCN references and a VRM still showing on the claim form.

(That may win the prize as the worst POC seen so far this year).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback