tells me that my area is fully covered by 5G
This is extremely surprising -  because it is NOT and won't be for decades

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March at 11:58AM
    Options
    Just tried it and it says excellent 5G coverage indoors and out - in the house we are reduced to 2G in reality LOL and there is barely a usable 4G signal outdoors. On all the networks we are in a black hole for 5G !
  • MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    So as I thought - not worth investigating? 
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    Options
    So as I thought - not worth investigating? 
    Test out their Customer Service (& their coverage), ask them for a free SIM with a few MB, probably say no but hey ho.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,081 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They piggyback off the EE network so I've just done a coverage check using both the Spusu and EE network checkers. The results are identical and it looks like Spusu are simply using the EE checker. 

For my location I would say the result is about right. I understand that Spusu don't have access to all the frequency bands available to EE customers but then again, the price is a lot cheaper.

I'm tempted to try them out because I live in a hilly area and EE is reckoned to have the best coverage in my area. I have to use WiFi calling at home to get a reliable signal and that is a feature Spusu now offer. 
  • liggerz87
    liggerz87 Posts: 391 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Neil49 said:
    They piggyback off the EE network so I've just done a coverage check using both the Spusu and EE network checkers. The results are identical and it looks like Spusu are simply using the EE checker. 

For my location I would say the result is about right. I understand that Spusu don't have access to all the frequency bands available to EE customers but then again, the price is a lot cheaper.

I'm tempted to try them out because I live in a hilly area and EE is reckoned to have the best coverage in my area. I have to use WiFi calling at home to get a reliable signal and that is a feature Spusu now offer. 
    With spusu getting wifi calling in theory they should be using the full ee network then with all bands
  • oldagetraveller1
    oldagetraveller1 Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 March at 1:06PM
    Options
    "I have to use WiFi calling at home to get a reliable signal and that is a feature Spusu now offer."
    Me too. I was "caught" by this and it wasn't available on my phones. I cancelled. To be fair there was no problem cancelling a day after activating the SIM, and they did refund my £1!
    Only for certain Samsung and Apple devices. For any other makes of phone it isn't available. Digging deeper into their website reveals this.

Scroll down.

• MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    Options
    Neil49 said:

Yes and EE is telling porkies too
    5G is certainly NOT available anywhere near me 
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had a similar experience to oldagetraveller1 above.
    Spusu DO have access to all the EE bands.
    Spusu do offer WiFi calling and VoLTE on ALL packages, BUT these are only available to Apple and Samsung users.
    Reviews of the actual service are not very good, I've read that calls are directed back through the parent company in Austria!
    This results in lag and dropped calls.
    I can confirm that Customer Service is pretty good after speaking to them to clarify some points, before I decided not to move to them.
    Move along, nothing to see.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure