I want to open an ISA for the next tax year

Options
But when i go to apply it says 2023/2024 tax year?
I want to open one now and fund it in the new tax year, also how do i know what ISA allowance i have left this year?

Comments

• gravel_2
    gravel_2 Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Your ISA terms should advise on funding window etc. 

You know your ISA allowance by remembering how many ISA subscriptions you've already made since 6 April 2023.
  • Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It says 28 days but says i am opening an ISA for 2023/2024 tax year?
    I want to put money in for next tax year.
    Also i only have £15k now but will have another £5k in 2 months so can i open another ISA to complete my £20K?
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 March at 10:25AM
    Options
    Krakkkers said:
    You can open it now and fund it after 6th April if the funding window is 28 days.

The fact that it states the ISA is for 2023-24 doesn't matter  - it's only stating that because that's the tax year at the time of account opening and it doesn't prevent you from paying into it in a subsequent tax year.
    Krakkkers said:
    Also i only have £15k now but will have another £5k in 2 months so can i open another ISA to complete my £20K?
    Yes, you'll be able to pay new subscriptions into multiple cash ISAs though-out the tax year once the ISA rules change on 6th April.
  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,627 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Krakkkers said:

No, as of 6th April you'll be able to pay in another £20k. There is an allowance every year so that resets at the start of the tax year and it's not a case of completing it, each year starts again. If you have only £5k to add it's fine to add that to an existing ISA if the terms allow it though.
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Krakkkers
    Krakkkers Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    No sorry that's not what i meant, i meant next tax year i will have only£15k free initially but by the end of May i will have an additional £5k to put in.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,216 Forumite
    Options
    Krakkkers said:
    No sorry that's not what i meant, i meant next tax year i will have only£15k free initially but by the end of May i will have an additional £5k to put in.
    refluxer said:
    Krakkkers said:
    You can open it now and fund it after 6th April if the funding window is 28 days.

The fact that it states the ISA is for 2023-24 doesn't matter  - it's only stating that because that's the tax year at the time of account opening and it doesn't prevent you from paying into it in a subsequent tax year.
    Krakkkers said:
    Yes, you'll be able to pay new subscriptions into multiple cash ISAs though-out the tax year once the ISA rules change on 6th April.
    @refluxer has already answered 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure