Filling out PIP claim form

Options
Hi all, 

I've just received the PIP claim form. I was just wondering am I allowed to type out my answers, print them out and stick them on the form?

My handwriting is terrible and I am concerned they might not be able to make out what I've written.

Comments

• Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,940 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, it won't be a problem. Many people do this, partly for the reason you want to type and print them but also because there's a lack of space on the form to give detailed answers.
    Make sure that any additional sheets you attach include your name and NI Number. Also number each additional sheet and refer to the sheets on the relevant question on the form, e.g. answer a question with "See attached sheet number x"
  • gbhxu
    gbhxu Posts: 334 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    GSTAR said:
    Hi all, 

I've just received the PIP claim form. I was just wondering am I allowed to type out my answers, print them out and stick them on the form?

My handwriting is terrible and I am concerned they might not be able to make out what I've written.
    That's how do.

You also save your answers ready for your re-assessment. Though, they may need tweaking a little
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I type them out but don't usually stick them in the form. I just make sure I state which question it refers to and then write on the form saying "see additional sheets"
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    GSTAR said:
    Hi all, 

I just printed out Mrs, & as above wrote on form "See Additional sheets" 
    With each answer titled with question. 
    Life in the slow lane
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is highly recommended to ask Citizens Advice or other benefit advice services to help with completing PIP form.

If you don't complete it with exactly the correct wording you could face the claim being rejected and having to go through appeals process.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,950 Forumite
    Options
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • MouldyOldDough
    MouldyOldDough Posts: 1,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Make sure that you keep a copy of all that you have sent in......

• Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,769 Forumite
    edited 23 March at 11:55AM
    Options
    Yes.... agree with above.... and can save a hell of a lot of effort come reassessments too... so keep your electronic file(s) somewhere you'll find in future years. Refer to the additional attached sheets from the form 'please see additional sheet page x' and on each sheet I advise putting in the header 'name, NiNo, date', in the footer the page number, plus of course make it very clear on your pages which section/question you are answering. I wouldn't attempt to stick printed pages (or parts thereof) to the form as it'd create you potentially unnecessary work, mess and restriction on length of your answers.

Return your form, the additional sheets and copies of any evidence to support your claim. Suggest getting proof of postage at the post office - it's free of charge.

It frankly is beyond belief in this age, and given the nature of claimants applicable, that an electronic form version has not been standard an option in this process.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
  • scottleag
    scottleag Posts: 78 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GSTAR said:

I am in the same boat. At times virtually illegible. Even to myself. I very carefully answered questions, doing what @Robbie64 has advised and on my addition marking down Note 2, question 1, Note 3, question 2b etc and including my name and NI number on each page.

I have to say though that at assessment I was asked nothing at all about the additional information. The assessor stuck rigidly to what was on the claim form and closed me down every time I tried to refer to the additions (a copy of which I had taken with me to the assessment).

Maybe I was just unlucky with my assessor but it might be an idea to photocopy the claim form and have a copy of your additions to hand irrespective of whether you have a face-to-face or telephone interview. 
  • Madquilter59
    Madquilter59 Posts: 8 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    How can you get a pip form as a new claimant. I am sick of trying to ring up. Been left hanging on phone for 55 mins. 45 mins and one time an hour and a half.
    Is there a best time to ring or is there another way to get a form.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback