British Gas Hive Saver Tariff

Options
13»

Comments

• Profiterole
    Profiterole Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be fair the only reason I am still with British Gas is they can't even reliably take readings from their own (Upgraded) SMETS1 Smart Meter, so I don't think another Supplier would be able to either......

Just trying to make the best of a rubbish situation.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,103 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 28 March at 9:51AM
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Mark2019 said:
    My rationale for going with it is the lower Standing Charges on the Tariff going in to the Summer period.

Just as a note you can Switch to another BG Tariff with no exit fees if they introduce a cheaper Tariff in the future.

It is right for me, that is not saying it is right for everyone.
    Thanks - that’s good to know. Are you aware if the ability to switch tariffs includes going from a fixed back to the price cap?
    I changed successfully from BG fixed (non Hive) to BG SVT without paying an exit fee.  However, their info was as hopeless as ever, they even contradicted themselves on the same printed page.
    Thanks for this as they don't advertise the ability to switch back to SVT without the exit fee, must admit I was hoping this would be the case just in case. I'm sure if anyone threatened to switch they would allow this though. But as you say who knows with BG they really are useless lol
    Since sometime during August 2023 BG changed wording on new fixed rate tariffs taken out as well as renewals specifically stating can change to another BG fixed rate tariff with no exit fees. ( OVO and EDF have since replicated same policy)

I think at the time Gerry signed up to a fixed tariff, BG stated policy was ability to change to any BG tariff.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback