Kent Reliance 1 year fixed rate ISA

Options
I opened this ISA last December. Ive read the t&c's for the Kent isa and ask am I understanding them correctly ? They seem to permit additional deposits up to the annual limits. So, from April 6th can  I deposit another £20k into the account ?

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March at 1:41PM
    Options
    What do the words say in the T&Cs? Do the T&Cs specific to the account refer to a specific period ie tax year 23/24?  
  • subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have an issue 85 account made up entirely of prior year transferred funds.
    It says....
    ' Additional deposits can be made subject to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) limits. The maximum you can subscribe to a cash ISA in the current 2023/24 tax year is £20K. Additional deposits can be made by cash, cheque or bank transfer.'
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 March at 5:24PM
    Options
    If the ac specific terms are headed 'Tax Year 23/24' at the top, what you are certainly allowed to do, as stated in the those terms, applies to 23/24 - but you may well be allowed to add after April 5 - if so, those funds would be from the 2024/25 allowance, obviously.

Maybe worth confirming with them.

I'm guessing you've used your 23/24 allowance elsewhere?

• subjecttocontract
    subjecttocontract Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes that's right I've already used my 2023/24 allowance. I'm just looking for somewhere to put my allowance from April 6th. I'll post the details here if I get a positive response from Kent BS.
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,704 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 March at 3:52PM
    Options
    Judging by the statement "Top up anytime within ISA limits" in the Key Facts section of their fixed rate ISA product page, you are indeed able to continue to make additional deposits throughout the duration of the fixed rate period (much like the fixed rate ISA accounts offered by Barclays and Shawbrook), subject to the annual £20k ISA allowance. The (common) 30 day funding window only applies to the receipt of transfer-in requests.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback