The heating can go off right?

Options
MultiFuelBurner
MultiFuelBurner Posts: 2,928 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
Oh if I were living on my own without the various pets and humans that demand heat the ASHP would be off lol.

Comments

• FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,635 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    For the last week or so, heating has only been firing up for about an hour in the evening. So it is getting to the point where it can be shut down for the summer here. That assumes we have seen the last of the overnight frosts.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Netexporter
    Netexporter Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 16 March at 11:58AM
    Options
    I've been on woodburner only, since the LPG ran out a year or so ago. The ASHP should be fitted just in time for summer!
  • markin
    markin Posts: 3,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 March at 11:59AM
    Options
    2-3 weeks more for me, i think. But air-to-air is only using around 5kwh/day.
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 17 March at 10:33AM
    Options
    Mine is still on timer (1 hr 30 morning and 3 hours evening) but isn't working that hard before turning off. 
    Boiler temp has been reduced by 5f.
    I'm considering it's time to put my winter dressing gown away, probably won't be many weeks before I switch heating to manual control. 
    When the cold cold room can easily tolerate window vents open not only during the day, but overnight too, it's time for heating to go off.
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 March at 1:34PM
    Options
    Ours will be on for a while yet, we are in central Scotland.    Being retired we are often at home, heating is on in the rooms we most use, at present  08.00-10.30 and 17.00-22.30, and during the rest of the day when necessary.  Being south facing it is less necessary when sunny, like today.

We have had a tado system with smart TRVs for just over a year now and this has helped to keep costs down, along with a new boiler 2 years back.  
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bedroom storage heater now off. Today living room and kitchen ones turned down from full to three quarters input. Hope for them to be all off by mid April.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another here who will just leave it on the thermostat. If it’s not below the temperature we’ve agreed we’ll be chilly at, then it won’t come on. If it IS below that level, I’ll be glad it did come on! 

The boiler didn’t fire up yesterday evening at all - although we did have the fire lit for a while. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There was a frost last night in North Shropshire
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ours is on the thermostat but it's not coming on so much now. 

I've managed to convince Mum to turn her heating down, it was sub tropical earlier this week! She always says she won't go cold whilst she's got money in the bank. But I've never known her house as hot as its been this winter
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport