Hyundai Finance - just replied to my email, there was a DCA...

Options
Hi all,

Send the template in via email on 15th Feb. Got a response on Friday (8th March). I did have an agreement with a DCA and they will raise a complaint for me. 

Thanks MSE!

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your recent enquiry in relation to a Discretionary Commission Arrangement (“DCA”).  As you are aware the Financial Conduct Authority is currently conducting a review into DCAs to understand if widespread harm was caused, and if so whether any redress is applicable and what that redress might be.

We are responding to you by email as this is the received method of contact. Emails are not always secure, but we have been careful not to include any sensitive information.

We can confirm that a DCA was in place between us and the credit broker relating to your finance agreement: xxx.

We understand from your request that this is the only information required to fulfil your Data Subject Access Request and therefore we now consider that your request has been resolved.

As there was a DCA in place, we have forwarded your email to our Commissions department to log your complaint. You will receive a formal acknowledgement letter in the post, and we will begin to investigate the commission arrangement that was in place.

Please note that as a result of the Financial Conduct Authority’s pause on complaints handling in connection with DCAs, we won’t be able to provide you with a final response until 25th September 2024 at the earliest.

In the meantime, you can find further information on the FCA’s website about the work the FCA are undertaking, what a DCA is and how the rules may affect you. Please visit: link<br> 
If you have also contacted us in relation to a finance agreement incepted on or after 28th January 2021, we can confirm there was not a DCA in place. We have only conducted a search of our records for finance agreements incepted prior to this date, resulting in the identified agreement above.

If you have any further queries, please let us know.

Any data supplied by you is primarily used to identify and enable you to discuss the account with us. To find out more information about how we collect and process your data, please visit our website at: link

Kind Regards,

Data Access and Commissions

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send the template in via email on 15th Feb. Got a response on Friday (8th March). I did have an agreement with a DCA and they will raise a complaint for me. 

Thanks MSE!
    Don't get your hopes up yet.  The FCA has yet to rule if there is any wrongdoing or not yet.

Plus, DCA could be beneficial as well as a negative depending on how it was used.    

So, the fact you have DCA is not a shoe in for compensation.  

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback