IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION FROM CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LIMITED

I received a letter before action from civil enforcement limited and have been given 30 days to respond. I took my daughter to the library and didn't realise I was required to enter my vehicle details in order to activate the free parking session. I realised this at my next visit (the next day) and made several attempts to get this cancelled by the library with no success. I am unable to pay £170 and would appreciate your help with having this revoked.

A copy of the letter is attached below.

Many thanks

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Did the keeper appeal the initial charge? 
    Did the keeper appeal to PoPLA?
    Was the NTK PoFA compliant and capable of holding the keeper liable?

If you need more time, you can send a hold instruction stating that whilst you deny the debt, you are seeking debt advice and require the case to be put on hold for 30 days as per court pre-action protocol.

Keep hammering away at the library, and go up the food chain as high as you can to CEO/Director level.

Get photos of the site, signage, and keypad, including signs about entering a VRM.

Search the forum for hidden keypad defence, and start reading the guide to court written by bargepole that you will find in the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES plus the template defence sticky Announcement.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,287 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 March at 1:23AM
    ishy2013 said:
    I received a letter before action from civil enforcement limited and have been given 30 days to respond. I took my daughter to the library and didn't realise I was required to enter my vehicle details in order to activate the free parking session. I realised this at my next visit (the next day) and made several attempts to get this cancelled by the library with no success. I am unable to pay £170 and would appreciate your help with having this revoked.

A copy of the letter is attached below.

Many thanks

Please see the NEWBIES thread LBC section.  There is no need to show us a LBC.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ishy2013
    ishy2013 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post

Thanks for your response. It is appreciated.

No, I didn’t appeal the initial charge and didn’t appeal to POPLA.

I haven’t got the NTK so unable to check compliance.

Contacted the library who advised that it is difficult to cancel as it is a little too late in the process (having received a letter before action – claim for debt).

I wasn’t the driver.

• nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 474 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    It's never too late to cancel a PCN, even if an LoC has been sent. Maybe ask the library why they think it can't be cancelled.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback