BMW Commission Disclosure Email response

Options
Hi
I recently submitted my form to BMW from the template that is on the MSE page. I have had so many Not Read: Unfair Motor Finance Commission Arrangement Submission emails back, today alone I have had over 50. Has anyone else had this. I'm not sure my complaint has even been recognized by BMW.

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Read receipts are crude technology and the recipient can decide to send one or not send one etc... can't read anything into anything you ever get from them. 
  • wdpearston
    Options
    Hi there,
    I sent off a letter of complaint to BMW FS on the 6th Feb, using the MSE tool.
    Received a response from BMW yesterday, stating that my Select Agreement was not within the dates relevant to the FCA investigation, but BMW did not confirm the start date of my agreement.
    My agreement started on the 28th June 2019, well within the date range, so I went back to BMW, and now have to wait another 30 days for a response.
    BMW appear hellbent on spinning this out and hoping that we all go away.
    Any other forum members with BMW ...?  Anything positive back from them yet...?
    Thank you.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,906 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi there,
    Received a response from BMW yesterday, stating that my Select Agreement was not within the dates relevant to the FCA investigation, but BMW did not confirm the start date of my agreement.
    My agreement started on the 28th June 2019, well within the date range, so I went back to BMW, and now have to wait another 30 days for a response.
    Thank you.
    No, if that were the case they'd simply advise that the FCA has suspended queries/complaints about DCA until September and they'd reply in due time after that.
  • Skentleberry
    Options
    Hi there,
    Thank you.
    I submitted the MSE complaint form to BMW Finance on 7th Feb relating to a PCP agreement started in 2015.
    The 28 days response time is up soon but I have had no response yet.
    I did wonder whether the email address was correct but I will follow up the original complaint with a phone call to the number on the agreement documents next week if there is no communication.
  • K_and_N
    K_and_N Posts: 158 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I also submitted mine on 7th Feb. BMW acknowledged receipt on the same day saying a reply will be within 21 days. This morning, I received the email below. 

Thank you for your correspondence. We acknowledge your request for confirmation of whether your 
    finance agreement(s) held with us had a discretionary commission arrangement between us and the broker / car dealer or any other entity involved in the transaction.

We note your request for a response within 28 days, however we are currently reviewing the arrangement relevant to your agreement(s) to respond to your request. We are therefore not treating this as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) under the GDPR. For clarity, the commission arrangement would not be disclosable within a DSAR as it is not Personal Data.

Due to high volumes of correspondence, we may not be able to respond within 28 days, however we will respond as soon as possible.

If you have held other agreements with us, we will reply separately on these.

For further information, you can visit the announcement on the FCA’s website https://www.fca.org.uk/carfinance
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've yet to submit my two BMW plus one other car finance queries.
    BMW did send me an email outlining their position last month; I'm not expecting things to progress a speed anyway.
  • wibble44
    wibble44 Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, had the same email response today as @K_and_N
  • AllezWiggo
    AllezWiggo Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @K_and_N - got exactly the same bunkum as you from BMW.
  • Nearlyold
    Nearlyold Posts: 2,300 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    @K_and_N - got exactly the same bunkum as you from BMW.
    Not sure what you're expecting BMW to do.

Nothing much futher is going to happen until the FCA have completed  their review which is not due to finish until September. You know BMW have got your complaint so it's really just a matter of waiting.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    K_and_N said:
    Hi, I also submitted mine on 7th Feb. BMW acknowledged receipt on the same day saying a reply will be within 21 days. This morning, I received the email below. 

Thank you for your correspondence. We acknowledge your request for confirmation of whether your finance agreement(s) held with us had a discretionary commission arrangement between us and the broker / car dealer or any other entity involved in the transaction.

We note your request for a response within 28 days, however we are currently reviewing the arrangement relevant to your agreement(s) to respond to your request. We are therefore not treating this as a Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) under the GDPR. For clarity, the commission arrangement would not be disclosable within a DSAR as it is not Personal Data.

Due to high volumes of correspondence, we may not be able to respond within 28 days, however we will respond as soon as possible.

If you have held other agreements with us, we will reply separately on these.

For further information, you can visit the announcement on the FCA’s website https://www.fca.org.uk/carfinance
    That sounds suspiciously like the form is trying to do a DSAR not just ask if they used it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback