Car finance claim - fob off

Options
Hi, after filling out the MSE form, I have now had a reply, however they are saying they (they are Mobilize) can not validate my claim, unless I send full address history and proof of identity such as passport or driving licence.
Well I have lived at the same address for 29 years and I provided that address on the form, the car finance in question was taken out in 2013.
If this is their response to me then I assume it's the same to hundreds of others.
PS.. I have replied to their email, giving my current address again and my driving licence number, I don't intend to provide anything else.

Comments

• Exodi
    Exodi Posts: 2,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 28 February at 11:12AM
    Options
    Same thing posted only three threads down:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6509023/mobilize-rci-asking-for-id#latest

Regardless, why so angsty? Have you told them that you have lived at the same address for 29 years... it seems a simple answer to a simple question.

I'm not sure providing them the driving licence number satisfies an ID check either (I'll have to try that one at the supermarket)... I can't think of any business you'd get away with that as I sincerely doubt that even comes close to fulfilling their security obligations/responsibilities.

If the slightest inconvenience is enough to have you consider boycotting your claim, then it might be best to give up now because I fear they may have the utter gall, the sheer audacity and nerve to ask you even more questions regarding your compensation claim against them.
    Know what you don't
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 9,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    DAD08 said:
    Hi, after filling out the MSE form, I have now had a reply, however they are saying they (they are Mobilize) can not validate my claim, unless I send full address history and proof of identity such as passport or driving licence.
    Well I have lived at the same address for 29 years and I provided that address on the form, the car finance in question was taken out in 2013.
    If this is their response to me then I assume it's the same to hundreds of others.
    PS.. I have replied to their email, giving my current address again and my driving licence number, I don't intend to provide anything else.
    This is not a fob off, they are required by law to check you are the right person and that you have a legitimate standing to make the complaint. Would you be happy if you tried to complain and found out I had put in the complaint earlier and they paid me?

Refusing to provide ID will probably result in your complaint being rejected 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,603 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Would you be happy if you tried to complain and found out I had put in the complaint earlier and they paid me?
    Which actually happened with some people during the PPI reclaim period and led to firms being warned to up their game on identifying people.  Most of those fraudulent claims were made through third parties rather than directly to the firm in question by the complainant.       So, using a third party tool would be seen as a third party complaint at the other end.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback