🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Round in circles...

Options
1235»

Comments

• blubella
    blubella Posts: 576 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 May at 6:43PM
    Options
    Been doing a little cooking this afternoon and called in another SFD. Made myself a massive jar of sauerkraut a couple of days ago which is on the verge of painting the walls every time I open it. Also made red onion pickles and a garlic, mushroom and tomato pasta sauce. Planning meals for tomorrow as it's a 12 hour shift and don't want to get caught by the sandwich van.

Looking for another job and going in to see someone next week to discuss another option. Getting up at 4 is a struggle at the moment as I cannot always fall asleep at 9pm. I, so wish this debt would just disappear.

@_Dolly_Rocker_ I think I'm thinking up reasons to get creative with a spreadsheet for everything right now and they are all colour coded. Anyone would think that I don't have enough to do :wink:  
    #4 DFBXMAS24 - £2,207.85/£5,000
    NSD Challenge - Jan 15/12, Feb 3/12, Mar 10/10 Apr 10/12, May 5/12.
    SPC #44

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • blubella
    Options
    Resisted buying a latte and much more from the sandwich van today. Went into work well prepared with my sandwich boxes and flask loaded up with 3 meals for the day. Don't know why but I still came home and ate something!

Pleased to report another SFD, now at 5. The aim is to reach 12 this month, so well on the way. Down to £100 in the bank to last me until the 25th.

I get to have a lie in tomorrow as starting i'm at 1 but no doubt I will wake up by 6! I then have Sunday off. Sad that I have to work as wanted to join my friend camping but will have to wait for a few weeks. Going to go for a nice walk instead.
    SPC #44

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • blubella
    edited 11 May at 10:27AM
    Options
    Woke up at 5:30 this morning, so popped down to the allotment for the first time in about 3 weeks, and boy has it become overgrown. It's rained on the days that I've had off although one day this week it was a toss up between cutting the front lawn or going to allotment. As the lawn was about a foot high and I was putting my neighbours to shame I opted on cutting the lawn  :D 

Managed to get my runner beans, broad beans and peas in but I'm a little concerned that there will be nothing left in the ground when I get back down. Something has started munching on all of my Jerusalem artichokes but my raspberries and strawberries appear to be doing well.

Stopped off at Lidl on my way home and bought some groceries for the week with the grand spend of £14.60. Going to pot the 40p change for my SPC. My budget is now £85, can I do it..!?

Back into work this afternoon and really hoping that the sun will last until tomorrow but it's not looking good. Was planning on a trip to the Forest of Dean to meet my friend for a walk but will have to see.

SPC #44

• _Dolly_Rocker_
    _Dolly_Rocker_ Posts: 258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    You can do it!
  • blubella
    edited 17 May at 9:25PM
    Options
    Went for a lovely walk on Sunday in the Forest of Dean..11 miles in total. Stopped off for a cheeky cider and a bag of nuts at Symonds Yat, the sunshine was glorious. Picked wild garlic to make into pesto later. Managed to make it back to the car before the skies opened up. Felt so stiff, my joints were seizing up when I got home  :#

Worked a 12 hour shift on Monday and I've just had 3 days off which has been lovely. I've been down to the allotment everyday and been working hard at clearing the weeds and putting the arches together for my squashes to ramble up. The slugs are a big issue, so I am hanging fire before I start planting.

Went for an informal interview yesterday so considering a change in the coming weeks, just weighing up the pros and cons before I jump.

SPC #44

• Aimingforthegoodlife
    Options
    Great work on the budget so far, I think I have missed a trick by never really understanding spreadsheets, but I love writing stuff down :lol:

Forest of Dean is on my visit list, about two-three hours from mine though, so one day! 11miles is awesome, well done.  8 more sleeps until the 25th, you got this!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure