Round in circles...

Options

Comments

• Lonelygambler
    Lonelygambler Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Great work on the repayments 
    Gambling Addict - Acting now before it's too late. Gambling losses well over 25k. 

Current Situation:
    Unsecured Personal Debt - April 2024
    Natwest CC 0% - £3000 - £1984
    MBMA CC 0% £4500 - £4200
    Tesco Loan - £10,400 - £10,113

Debt cleared off since starting on here: £1607

8 Weeks Gamble Free! 

Aim to be debt free by 2026... 
  • MFWannabe
    MFWannabe Posts: 2,017 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wow 5 days away for £90 and with a hot tub included, definitely a yes 🤩
    31/03/24:  Debt total £12,400/13,192.13
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,935 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    All work and no play normally results in a splurge of at least 2x as much as the spends on the treat you really wanted and needed.
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Lonelygambler
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good luck, you've got this. 
    Gambling Addict - Acting now before it's too late. Gambling losses well over 25k. 

Current Situation:
    MBMA CC 0% £4500 - £4200

8 Weeks Gamble Free! 

• blubella
    blubella Posts: 564 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 20 March at 7:19AM
    Options
    Early wake up call for me this morning, I had to be up at 4 for a 6am shift. So yesterday was my diet weigh-in day and I lost 2.5lbs and I am quite pleased with that. I only have a stone to lose but it still takes motivation and consistency, baby steps heh.  I have been tracking every morsel of what I eat which may be a little OCD but I think I need the discipline right now, and I feel it is pretty comparative to the debt. It's easy to let things go isn't it? I am currently focused on paying the £ and losing the lbs @mark55man and may eventually throw a little exercise in there..but like I said..baby steps and I will keep you posted on that if it ever happens! At least I am able to sit down this week without being in complete discomfort, and I even took the stairs today...(but only once) and that's because one of the lifts is broken.

I am unable to throw anything else at the debt until pay day in another weeks time..I can't wait for it to come around (sad but true). I've really reduced the food bill this month by being Miss Frugal..I spent 2 days meal prepping, so that I have meals to go. The issue with shift work is the timings of my break..today it was 1030 and I really don't really fancy eating my lunch that early or having my breakfast at 4am, so I drank loads of water and then ate a cold omelette when the time came around. Sounds disgusting but was actually quite nice and kept me full until I got home in the afternoon. 

@MFWannabe it's definitely a yes! Travel is definitely my treat (and lipstick). But I'd choose travel if I had to make a choice  :D

@Lonelygambler thank you. I've been reading your journey and we've both got this!

#4 DFBXMAS24 - £1,709.94/£5,000
    NSD Challenge - Jan 15/12, Feb 3/12, Mar 10/10 Apr 10/12, May 4/12.
    SPC #44

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • peb
    peb Posts: 1,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You didn't have a cold omelette, you had fritatta!
  • blubella
    Options
    @peb...breakfast frittata..I like your style :D

SPC #44

Success is the good fortune that comes from aspiration, desperation, perspiration & inspiration ~ Evan Esar
  • blubella
    Options
    I have a couple of days off,,before I start back on an early. My friend suggested a walk today and I agreed as long as it wasn't too hilly. My back is feeling better but I wanted to take things steady before I throw myself back into yoga and hiking. I failed to ask the distance, thinking it was a ramble of 2-3 miles on the flat.  She confirmed after our start that it was 4-5. But it ended up being just over 6 as we went a little off piste. So today I have probably done my longest walk of the year of  8.8 miles..earned a few points on the diet and felt that it was justification for sour dough and wine.. hopefully I haven't undone all my hard work..tomorrow is another day though..right :)
    SPC #44

• Lonelygambler
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done! 

Current Situation:
    MBMA CC 0% £4500 - £4200

8 Weeks Gamble Free! 

• blubella
    edited 29 March at 11:27PM
    Options
    I have had 2 days off but have to get up super early for my shift in the morning and then 4 days straight before I get another couple of days off.  I really hate having to work at the weekends but have spent the last couple of mornings down at the allotment. Life can be a real juggling act and never seems to let up but I was down there by 7 when the rain let up and spent a couple of hours prepping the soil. The sun came out and it was really peaceful, just me and the birds. I love that time of day..and digging around just really helps to calm me down.  I've been planting lots of seedlings and my living room currently resembles a garden centre but I am determined to save some money by growing my own and I think it really does taste better.

I've just been paid and managed to throw £300 at the CC but have a few birthdays this month so need to factor that in and also the hot tub trip. I listed 50 items on the Bay and have sold 1 item. I just hope I make it to the end of the month without going into my overdraft.

My CC Debt MARCH 2024
    1. S'Bury £44.36 PAID and closed 20/02/24
    2. S'andr £1808.21 currently £1300.00
    3. B'Card £3774.24 currently £3000.00
    SPC #44

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback