BA expenses repayment

Options
Hi All

Back on late Nov we had a flight with a connection at LHR with BA.

There was a delay with take off due to weather issues at LHR and then a passenger had to get off due to their disabled son having isssues, which increased the delay further as they had to take out all the luggage.

We missed our connecting flight and the next one was delayed to the following morning.

Groundstaff gave us a hotel voucher for the Travel Inn, but when we arrived (late at night with a toddler) the hotel said there were no rooms and BA had messed up.

I managed to find a hotel with rooms in Staines so we got a taxi out there and headed back to LHR at 5am for a 7am flight. When we arrived that was also cancelled and we were pushed back to the following day, so I had to book in to another hotel, pay for meals etc.

Ground staff said we would be compensated if we keep receipts.

I logged the claim straight away but have been waiting 3 mths now.

Ive tried to escalate twice but they just send you a holding email.

It seems there’s no way to speak directly to someone at BA and I really could do with the money back.

any ideas? Do I just need to be patient? 

Comments

• stevoh
    stevoh Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Forgot to add. When we finally arrived at our destination, 2 days late, they’d lost our son’s car seat. 
  • mdann52
    mdann52 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you claimed for Duty of Care (namely hotel receipts/transfer costs etc at LHR), or UK261 compensation?

if the delay was due to weather, no compensation is due but they should reimburse you for the extra expenses in London.

If it's been over 8 weeks, you can take then to ADR if you want to try and speed things up

• stevoh
    Options
    Thanks. Yes I have claimed for them. What is the ADR?
  • stevoh
    Options
    Bizarrely (given it’s been so long and I just posted about it here) I was contacted by BA today.

They’ll refund everything and pay us compensation for the delayed flight.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback