Marks Electrical extremely poor if anything goes wrong.

Options
darleydame
darleydame Posts: 62 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 19 February at 1:16PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Ordered a damaged washing machine at reduced price.  Delivery spot on with about 9 emails sent by them.
On arrival everything went smoothly.
Once I had unwrapped the many, many layers of bubble wrap as it was sold without original packaging that's when you find what their after sales service is really like!
The machine had been shipped without any transit bolts fitted.
There was nothing inside the drum you usually get with a new machine, instruction book, transitbolt spanner, just as well it wasn't needed,  but most importantly the aquastop water hose.
Can't plumb the machine in to check if its been damaged, it must be the manufacturers one or it invalidates the guarantee.
Phoned twice on delivery day, Friday, but despite them saying I would be rung back, no one did.
Rang again Saturday and finally asked that it can't be that difficult to send me a hose or as I live only 20 mins drive from their depot come and collect.
Yes she could get AEG to send one direct, and I asked for express delivery.
It will be Tuesday at the earliest before it can arrive if it does that is.

Do wish I had stuck with AO never had problems with them.

Do cheaper deals from Marks mean cheaper after sales care, it seems like they just can't be bothered once they've sold to you.

I would love to send the machine back but they charge £70 for that.

Comments

• darleydame
    Options
    Olinda99 said:
    dunno - sounds to me as though they have done ok - you called them and they arranged for the missing part to be sent to you express delivery
    Sorry no, what about the issue of transporting without the bolts?
    Nobody ever bothering to ring you back?
    You might find that acceptable service but if you read their customers service page they promise much more than second class service
  • PHK
    PHK Posts: 1,285 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I think your expectations are unreasonably high for a discounted damaged item. 

In my view expecting a call back so quickly is also unreasonable. 
  • darleydame
    Options
    PHK said:
    I think your expectations are unreasonably high for a discounted damaged item. 

In my view expecting a call back so quickly is also unreasonable. 
    Yes I expected the item to have the damage that was detailed in their photos.
    I dont think it's unreasonable to expect things to be missing unless they are listed.
    Would you buy a car with damage the photos showed and then it was delivered, on a loader obviously,  without the water hoses?
    Wouldn't you expect some degree of caring from the seller?
    Also not unreasonable to expect the 2 customer service people who told me they would call back to do so.
     Why do we accept poor service as normal now?

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Marks Electrical state that all issues need to be logged via their website first which it appears you didnt do? Going outside of process can cause problems. 

Did you look at the photos of the machine before buying? All their damaged Clearance options have pictures of the actual device as well as the stock images so you can see the reverse and see if the bolts are in place or not on each damaged machine (some are, some aren't, clearly depends when the damage was done/spotted). 

With it being a customer return without packaging I wouldn't be overly surprised if minor elements were missing like free samples of detergent etc. Hoses probably should be present but again the current 3 "damaged" items show no inlet pipe whereas the undamaged but missing packaging do show the hose in place. Doesn't seem unreasonable for them to send one to you on express delivery. 

Never had any issues with orders from Marks Electrical, used to be great when there was a 10% discount, especially as you could trick their site to give on goods it shouldn't, but now its down to 3%. Still ok if it's a brand thats always listed the same price everywhere. 
  • darleydame
    Options
    Marks Electrical state that all issues need to be logged via their website first which it appears you didnt do? Going outside of process can cause problems. 

Did you look at the photos of the machine before buying? All their damaged Clearance options have pictures of the actual device as well as the stock images so you can see the reverse and see if the bolts are in place or not on each damaged machine (some are, some aren't, clearly depends when the damage was done/spotted). 

With it being a customer return without packaging I wouldn't be overly surprised if minor elements were missing like free samples of detergent etc. Hoses probably should be present but again the current 3 "damaged" items show no inlet pipe whereas the undamaged but missing packaging do show the hose in place. Doesn't seem unreasonable for them to send one to you on express delivery. 

Never had any issues with orders from Marks Electrical, used to be great when there was a 10% discount, especially as you could trick their site to give on goods it shouldn't, but now its down to 3%. Still ok if it's a brand thats always listed the same price everywhere. 
    No i did fill in the online form, then when you ring in there is another option to press that asks whether you have and you get to speak to someone.
    The listing and photos are no longer there so can't check unfortunately.
    Phoned again this morning to see whether my hose is on its way buy all they have done is send an email to AEG and are waiting for a reply. Bearing in mind I did email AEG inquiring about something 2 weeks ago and still am waiting for a reply!

• darleydame
    Options
    @DullGreyGuy
    They didn't mention anything about customer returns so although they said full warranty I beginning to wonder if that will be the extended 5 year.
    Wouldn't have bought a customer return, I assumed it was just on show or damaged in the warehouse.
    Have a feeling my almost £700 probably hasn't been well spent
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,464 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    @DullGreyGuy
    They didn't mention anything about customer returns so although they said full warranty I beginning to wonder if that will be the extended 5 year.
    Wouldn't have bought a customer return, I assumed it was just on show or damaged in the warehouse.
    Have a feeling my almost £700 probably hasn't been well spent
    Given the bolts have been removed, and the packaging, that would suggest to me that it at least got as far as the customer's property and so technically would be a customer return but could also be ex-display (wasn't aware they had a show room). There are other damaged items that are still in the original packaging and still have the bolts in place so more likely damaged in the warehouse. 

We just had our new machines delivered by them and for the washer we paid for the removal etc and they removed the packaging, bolts and gubbins from inside the drum in the lorry. They then gave me the gubbins and carried it upstairs to our kitchen. It was only there that I got a chance to inspect it but wasn't a formal request from them, they seemed happy to just slide it in without me checking it over. 

With the tumble drier it was simpler as it was a straight drop off... though despite these guys having the lighter machine and no old one to take away they were much grumpier and didnt want to deal with the stairs. 
  • darleydame
    edited 20 February at 6:17PM
    Options
    Update. No sign of water hose. Phoned them again and they said they had sent an email inquiring about a hose and are waiting for a reply. So no hose actually ordered yet and we are rapidly running out of underwear!

Only option now is to buy it ourselves and see if we can get the money back via PayPal 

Just feel so let down by uncaring firms.
    Is it so wrong to expect a washing machine to be delivered have all the bits to be able to use it otherwise say so in your advert so a buyer knows what to expect.

Update.
    Hose has arrived!!

• darleydame
    Options
    Update!,!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income