eBay Zero Selling Fees until 15 April - WOW !

Options

Comments

• pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 March at 3:32PM
    Options
    • Eligible listings must sell during the promotion period or within the first listing period post promotion end date.
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 March at 3:34PM
    Options
    not sure. i have loads finishing the same time so will probably end and re-list to be safe.

if i had to "guess" i'd say we're ok if auto re-listed inside promotion date
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,292 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pfpf said:
    • Eligible listings must sell during the promotion period or within the first listing period post promotion end date.
    pfpf said:
    not sure. i have loads finishing the same time so will probably end and re-list to be safe.

if i had to "guess" i'd say we're ok if auto re-listed inside promotion date
    Thank you, I wasn't entirely sure about the wording. I ended several of mine and relisted - just in case. Interestingly I then sold one of those relisted items within 30 minutes or re listing it - co incidence? 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • zackary71
    zackary71 Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm planning to relist mine that are ending in the first listing period, in the next day. Timing is perfect, as the next relisting will be bang on the last day of the promotion.
  • 22laptops
    22laptops Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi, yes I too have this offer but I'm confused as to why they mention "As you registered with us before January of this year, you shouldn’t be affected by sales reporting until 2025."?
    When I've tried asking eBay twice they don't understand what it means either and I've looked everywhere to try to find out. 
    Does it mean only people who register this year will be in the reports of 2025 for what they sell this year and older sellers reports will start from Jan 2025 to 2026?
    Actually I thought I had seen people on here talking about it but can't find that now either.
  • soolin
    Options
    22laptops said:
    Hi, yes I too have this offer but I'm confused as to why they mention "As you registered with us before January of this year, you shouldn’t be affected by sales reporting until 2025."?
    When I've tried asking eBay twice they don't understand what it means either and I've looked everywhere to try to find out. 
    Does it mean only people who register this year will be in the reports of 2025 for what they sell this year and older sellers reports will start from Jan 2025 to 2026?
    Actually I thought I had seen people on here talking about it but can't find that now either.
    It is actually immaterial as the offer is only given to private sellers and there hasn’t been any changes to the HMRC requirements. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • 22laptops
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Okay, but I would like to know if anyone else knows for sure what it means? Or are you wanting me to give you reasons why people would not want to choose to participate in the new digital sales reporting thing? Or do you not want anyone to know at all for some reason? 
  • soolin
    edited 18 March at 8:31PM
    Options
    Leaving aside your very strange comments which suggests some people may have something to hide……. Then This page might help

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/Information-regarding-UK-digital-sales-reporting-to-HMRC/ba-p/7548575

however it is worth noting that reporting is for the previous year, so Starting from January 2025, the prior calendar year's information will be reported to HMRC each January and a copy of the reported data will be provided to sellers

then this bit 

Required UK digital sales reporting should only affect newly registered accounts in 2024 and all accounts in 2025 who pass either of the below calendar year sales thresholds on eBay: 

which implies that in January 2025 accounts registered in 2024 and later will have their 2024 sales reported , but for older accounts nothing will be reported until 2025 (so declared in January 2026)
  • 22laptops
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hmm, yeah that's the page I think I might have seen once before but never seen it properly explained like that since. Evidently the agents at eBay couldn't even find it themselves when I asked them.

Personally I don't want to participate in it next year and think the government are asking for too much private information as they say they will be making actual judgements on your possessions and the way you sold it.
    However I doubt they can, or will be able to even make those judgements properly so I find it suspicious why they set the levels so low at 30 items to obtain reports on everyone.
    It's really none of their business if I buy and sell a lot of ladies underwear (only joking, of course!).

So according to that article I'm still entitled to make £7000 from capital gains and trading this year if I want without them even delving into my ladies underwear collection.  ;)
    God knows what I'm going to do next year?
  • 22laptops
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    soolin said:
    Leaving aside your very strange comments which suggests some people may have something to hide……. Then This page might help
    Me, strange? 🧐

Ha Ha ha! 😂 ✅ 
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family