Lloyds switch offer Feb 2024

Options

Comments

• SupaSava2000
    SupaSava2000 Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Interesting that Bank of Scotland has never (to my knowledge) had a switching offer, and despite parity with the Silver and Platinum accounts it has never offered a Club Lloyds type of account. 
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can have more than one Club Lloyds account?
    I seem to remember last time I tried to switch into Lloyds, as I already have a C L account it wouldn't work.
    You can only have 1 CL account. It's easy enough to downgrade your existing one to a Classic account to then open a new CL account to qualify for the offer. Alternatively, I *think* you can open a Silver/Platinum account in addition to a CL account. Just don't forget to downgrade it once you've been paid the incentive
    Thanks, that must have been the reason I didn't proceed last time. As I have the C L monthly saver, didn't know how downgrading would affect this. Would only be a short time not technically being eligible. 
    I've upgraded/downgraded a few times in the past and can confirm that you only need to be a CL customer to open the regular saver. You can downgrade afterwards and it won't affect the savings account.
  • overspender22
    overspender22 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone tried and succeeded in getting the Lloyds offer more than once?
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 February at 4:42PM
    Options
    Interesting that Bank of Scotland has never (to my knowledge) had a switching offer, and despite parity with the Silver and Platinum accounts it has never offered a Club Lloyds type of account. 
    Bank of Scotland Vantage account? Been around for years. Similar in interest and savings offers. Just no 'lifestyle' perk
  • SupaSava2000
    SupaSava2000 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Zanderman said:
    Interesting that Bank of Scotland has never (to my knowledge) had a switching offer, and despite parity with the Silver and Platinum accounts it has never offered a Club Lloyds type of account. 
    Bank of Scotland Vantage account? Been around for years. Similar in interest and savings offers. Just no 'lifestyle' perk
    Lloyds used to offer Vantage too
  • adamp87
    adamp87 Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    That 2020-2024 time gap is very long for a switch restriction. 
  • rider22
    rider22 Posts: 84 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, tried and failed. Received a letter telling me exactly why too.
    is it applicable on joint accounts ?
  • boingy
    boingy Posts: 1,366 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I did and they were very close together too - Feb and May last year. I also had one from Halifax in between those ones. I'd happily try my luck with the new Lloyds offer but, like others, I still have the Lloyds account open for the regular saver account and for the Disney+ subscription so I'll be giving it a miss this time round. I am currently trying it on with the recent TSB offer though. I expect the incentive payment to fail but I'm getting double cashback for the card transactions so that's worth a few quid. All part of the game. :)
  • WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,534 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    adamp87 said:
    That 2020-2024 time gap is very long for a switch restriction. 

Yes, I expected it to nudge along by now too... my records show I had switch bonuses in both 2017 and 2020 from Halifax - pretty sure that would have been valid under the terms in 2020, not just a 'try it and see'...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback