Lloyds switch offer Feb 2024

Options
I see from MSE news that Lloyds are, once again, offering a switch incentive. Anyone who's received an incentive since Apr 2020 is not eligible.

Who's eligible for the bonus?

- You can't have had switch cash from Lloyds or Halifax since April 2020.

How to get the £175 bonus:
- Open the account online, by phone or in branch.

- Switch in an account from a different bank, including 2+ direct debits, by 28 March 2024.

- The £175 is paid within three working days of the switch completing.

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 February at 1:32PM
    Options
    https://www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts/switch.html

Switching offer explained

To qualify for the £175 switching offer you must:

• Open one of the qualifying accounts below
    • Use the Current Account Switch Service to transfer a minimum of 2 active direct debits and close your existing account held with another bank

Qualifying accounts

• Club Lloyds Account (£3 monthly fee that’s waived each month you put in at least £2,000)
    • Club Lloyds Silver Account (£10 monthly fee. Plus Club Lloyds £3 monthly fee that’s waived each month you put in at least £2,000)
    • Club Lloyds Platinum Account (£21 monthly fee. Plus Club Lloyds £3 monthly fee that’s waived each month you put in at least £2,000)

You won't qualify for the offer if:

• You are switching to any other Lloyds Bank current account that isn’t named above
    • You switch into an existing account
    • You’ve received cash back for switching to Lloyds Bank or Halifax Bank since April 2020
    • You start your switch after 28th March 2024.
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not eligible as I have had switch cash since that date.
  • Zanderman
    Options
    I'm not eligible as I have had switch cash since that date.
    Neither am I (though I will double-check that!).
  • Zopa_Trooper
    Zopa_Trooper Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nor me. Will wait for the next one to come along.
  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Interesting, last year Halifax and Lloyds switch incentives were independent of each other now having one excludes the other. 
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Interesting, last year Halifax and Lloyds switch incentives were independent of each other now having one excludes the other. 
    The last few Halifax ones have excluded Lloyds I believe, but you're right that it's changed. Seem to recall some people slipped through the cracks last time, but who knows how good Lloyds are going to be at checking this time around
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    Does anyone know if you can have more than one Club Lloyds account?
    I seem to remember last time I tried to switch into Lloyds, as I already have a C L account it wouldn't work.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I seem to remember last time I tried to switch into Lloyds, as I already have a C L account it wouldn't work.
    You can only have 1 CL account. It's easy enough to downgrade your existing one to a Classic account to then open a new CL account to qualify for the offer. Alternatively, I *think* you can open a Silver/Platinum account in addition to a CL account. Just don't forget to downgrade it once you've been paid the incentive
  • Zanderman
    Options
    You can only have 1 CL account. It's easy enough to downgrade your existing one to a Classic account to then open a new CL account to qualify for the offer. Alternatively, I *think* you can open a Silver/Platinum account in addition to a CL account. Just don't forget to downgrade it once you've been paid the incentive
    Or you can have a second one if joint.
  • Middle_of_the_Road
    Options
    Thanks, that must have been the reason I didn't proceed last time. As I have the C L monthly saver, didn't know how downgrading would affect this. Would only be a short time not technically being eligible. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback