IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

letter of claim from dcblegal

Options

Comments

• Eminowa
    Eminowa Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    i have sent a SAR to ukpc. i don't be sending any to DCBlegal anymore. until after I have filed a defense and also received the court directive
  • Eminowa
    Options
    i didn't attach any official documentation like a driver's license, so I don't think they would process my request. so I will leave it until after I file a defence.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK concentrate on the defence and show us.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Eminowa
    Options
    ok cool. i will
  • Eminowa
    Options
    Thank you all for your time on my issue. thanks a lot
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Eminowa said:
    i didn't attach any official documentation like a driver's license, so I don't think they would process my request. so I will leave it until after I file a defence.
    Good, don't do that (nor a passport, bus pass, ID card) they have no right to ask for photo ID and anyway, do they have a huge database of everybody in the country and their photo?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 February at 1:12AM
    Options
    Have you filed an Acknowledgment of Service?

I asked earlier...
    Is there anything on the signs that say that parking on the pavement is not permitted?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, we would need to see the signs to be sure that the specific words here are not on it:

"Pace V Lengyel (from May 2017) showed that the Claimant's signs (including the one shown by the Claimant in this case) fail to enter into contract with the driver as implied by the Claimant. Nowhere on the sign does it inform the reader that by parking Edgbaston mill in Edgbaston road he/she is entering into a contract with the Claimant. The words “contract’ or “agreement’ do not appear at all within the sign. The phrase “Terms and Conditions” are not synonymous with a contract. Furthermore, the opening words of the sign appear to be designed more to ward off trespassers than to enter into a contract with the driver. No promise was made by the driver that could constitute consideration because there was no offer known nor accepted. No consideration flowed from the Claimant."
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Eminowa
    Options
    KeithP said:
    Have you filed an Acknowledgment of Service?

I asked earlier...
    Is there anything on the signs that say that parking on the pavement is not permitted?
    I think so, but to be honest I can barely read the signs..its place too high and the writing are too small.  No I haven't filed an acknowledgement of service. Am filing it on 4th of march 
  • troublemaker22
    Options
    4 pm on 4 March is the absolute deadline for responding. Why leave it to the last minute?  What will you do if your internet goes down on the 4th?

You have nothing to gain by leaving it to the last minute. Why not show DCB Legal that you’re prepared and ahead of the game? If your defence is ready to go before 4 March why not just file the defence and not even bother with the AOS which is just a request for more time if you don’t need more time. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback