Royal Mail Tracked 48 not deilvered after 10 days

Options
sold an item on ebay worth £175 on 27th, sent it tracked48 on Monday 29th, it has progresses to the buyers local hub on the 30th and been scanned twice but nothing since there
buyer opened a case yesterday and my funds are on hold, says I've got till the 12th to resolve it...
first I heard of it was yesterday when they opened a case, tried to call at 5:15pm allegedly 60min wait and was in a queue till they shut at 6:30, tried this morning before work and it was 30 mins wait time so hung up, just tried again now and it's 40 minutes wait time so hung up I can't sit around waiting on hold.
is there another way to contact them?

Comments

• steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not clear from your post who you are trying to phone, Royal Mail or Ebay?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,224 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's not clear from your post who you are trying to phone, Royal Mail or Ebay?
    As above, who are you phoning? Royal mail is near impossible to get hold of ebay is a lot easier. Neither will probably be able to assist you at all.

Realistically if the item doesn't show as delivered by the ebay cut off date you will have to refund and then claim your loss from RM once the appropriate time period has passed. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Rantband
    Rantband Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    A problem occurs if claiming against RM tracked48 only offers 
    • Compensation up to £150.
  • FFHillbilly
    FFHillbilly Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've been trying to call Royal Mail. whats the appropriate time period to wait before filing a claim for loss? what happens if I refund the buyer on the 12th if it hasn't arrived and it gets delivered the next day?
  • pfpf
    pfpf Posts: 4,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    this is now....the buyer left positive feedback on the 1st. hopefully your buyer is being honest.

• Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Prompted by the above post, apologies if this is a silly question but always good to just check: have you checked RM's own tracking info, or only eBay's?  There may or may not be a difference but if you haven't then it's definitely worth finding out.
  • Cloth_of_Gold
    Cloth_of_Gold Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    The tracking isn't always reliable. I had something sent to me by RM which had to be signed for. The postman didn't get me to sign for it and just put it through the letterbox. He also didn't update the system to say it had been delivered so now, over 2 weeks after I'd received it, it's still showing as not yet having been delivered.
  • FFHillbilly
    FFHillbilly Posts: 447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Prompted by the above post, apologies if this is a silly question but always good to just check: have you checked RM's own tracking info, or only eBay's?  There may or may not be a difference but if you haven't then it's definitely worth finding out.
    I've checked the Royal Mail tracking yes
  • steviebabes
    steviebabes Posts: 2,032 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If the message on the RM tracking website is 'out for delivery' the postie is usually to blame for not scanning the parcel. I have had this on a number of occasion yet the parcel was confirmed as delivered by the buyer. Due to the value of the item the buyer may have checked the tracking number and is now trying to get a free item. Cynical I know but it does happen. I would get a Royal Mail claim in as soon as possible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback