We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Yodel in trouble

Options
Doesn’t feel from reading that many people use Yodel for deliveries on here but it appears they are on the verge of going into administration.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,562 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Goodness, that’s a bit of a shock. Admittedly I don’t use them a lot, but I get quite a few parcels turn up from them, and I suppose that means if Yodel don’t get saved, that sellers will start using Evri. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,042 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think they must have lost a lot of business to Evri when they revamped. It's only my story but I used to get a fair amount of deliveries from Yodel and haven't had one for months.
  • Largs
    Largs Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 February at 9:18PM
    Options
    This is sad news.  I've never had any problems with Yodel right the way back to it roots, (Business Express/Littlewoods Home Shopping.  I did wonder why they sold their share of Collect + to Paypoint a while back and I have noticed parcels from both Littlewoods and very.co.uk recently have been delivered by Royal Mail instead.   I class the owners in the same league as Philip Green - asset strippers.
  • Hoenir
    Hoenir Posts: 3,179 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ultimately the companies that survive and flourish offer the better overall levels of customer service.  
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,562 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hoenir said:
    Ultimately the companies that survive and flourish offer the better overall levels of customer service.  
    On the various boards I frequent it is usually Evri that get the criticism not Yodel , if a company failed on bad public reviews alone then I would think Evri would be the first to go.   
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Jerry_Cornelius
    Options
    soolin said:
    Hoenir said:
    On the various boards I frequent it is usually Evri that get the criticism not Yodel , if a company failed on bad public reviews alone then I would think Evri would be the first to go.   
    Not a fan of Ervi at all, but as others have said, don't seem to see as much of yodel as I used to - intrestingly I have three recent orders from the US from different online sites, and whilst they all use different International Services like DHL or EPOST to send my stuff to the UK, once in the UK, all of them are being handled by Evri.

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Yodel are the worst - A food delivery (Gousto) was "delivered" (dumped) yet again this week to a different address, vaguely near where we live, by Yodel. No other courier has a problem finding our place. 

If I could avoid Yodel I would, but Gousto does not allow you to avoid them, even by paying more.
  • Chalkers
    Chalkers Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would say I’m shocked but with the recent cost cutting and how is self employed drivers have been treated at our depot these last 6 months…. I’m not surprised. 

I know the company does have an awful rep but I know our depot overall doesn’t, just a few bad eggs. Truly enjoyed my time working there and meeting lots of wonderful customers. My only negative trustpilot comment in the last 12 months was for the fact a customer put the wrong house number so not really my fault. 
    No idea what to do now having recently bought our first house and now a new van. Evri pay peanuts (literally) and dpd treat their staff like crap!! 
  • animatedbear
    Options
    Meanwhile a parcel I'm expecting is stuck with yodel and there have been no tracking updates for over 24 hrs
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 237K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback