IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Court claim form

Options
I have just received a claim form from the Court house in Northampton after ignoring letters that have been sent since bank holiday Monday 29/05/2023. The picture shows a vehicle millimetres into a yellow box that had a skips in it and rubbish from the surrounding carpet shops. This was giving the vehicle to the right plenty of room as it contained car seats for children.  This was taken by a camera and not a physical person.  The cost has now gone up to 255.00 including the court costs and legal representation.  Advice please as this is a disgusting claim from UK parking control Limited.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 6 February at 3:16AM
    Options
    Easy.  :)

Go to the NEWBIES thread.  You'll be using the Template Defence linked in the 2nd post.

Is it a claim from UKPC themselves or from solicitors - e.g.  DCBLegal?

And what is the Date of Issue of the claim?

Show us the Particulars of Claim, minus your VRM.  Do NOT show us the MCOL password.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • justfedup23
    justfedup23 Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    is this ok

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With a Claim Issue Date of 1st February, you have until Tuesday 20th February to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 5th March 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Is it trying to claim interest from the day BEFORE the parking event? Seen that from UKPC.  Copy other UKPC defences from November/December.
  • troublemaker22
    Options
    This is a particularly easy claim to defeat.  Make sure you work from one of the Defence templates that includes a copy of the VCS v Chan decision
  • justfedup23
    First Post
    Options
    I have read them 15 times and i think i am just a lost cause, i don't understand it all.
  • justfedup23
    First Post
    Options
    thanks everyone but i haven't slept for nights now with the worry but that's how they work.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 7 February at 1:45PM
    Options
    I have read them 15 times and i think i am just a lost cause, i don't understand it all.
    Them?

Ws are advising you to use one of two template defences and we told you which one.  You only need to add one paragraph to the hharry100 version of the Template Defence.
  • justfedup23
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks CM i will go back to it again. My issue is that i parked over into a yellow box by millimetres that contained a skip and weeks of rubbish.  I just actually feel overwhelmed and cant see straight!  (Them is my reference to all the posts and information overload) 
  • justfedup23
    First Post
    Options
    Could you please please show me again which one...thanks a million!!  if you don't have time i get it, you must get tired of repeating and re typing !!! but you are appreciated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback