Alcoholism, alcohol related conditions and life insurance.
My daughters partner is an alcoholic and has recently been diagnosed with liver disease. He's been advised to give up drinking but shows no sign of doing so.
They have life insurance to cover their mortgage but the liver disease isn't on it. Should she contact the insurers to have it added and what would the likely outcome be? presumably the premiums would increase but might the insurers simply cancel the policy? Also if he continues to ignore doctors advice would that invalidate the policy regardless of whether the condition has been disclosed? Any advice would be welcome, there are small children involved so we have to do what we can to protect them.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards