NSD February 2024 13/19 target

DF Journey start date 17/1/2024 credit accounts £3779.36 current £3376.31
    mortgage £147331.36 £146972.93
    HTB Loan £44000 £44000
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,743 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I had an email to say I'd been awarded a £2.37 bonus from a study a did a little while back 😊
  • Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So between yesterday and today, I have had over £30 from P/fc so that's really boosting the total. might even make my target if I try hard enough. 
    Hope everyone else is doing ok
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £13.75
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £20.55/£155            
    NSDs May 3/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

• Highlanddream
    Options
    woo hoo £50 tescos voucher from Yougov, that's 50 straight out of my food account to my debts :) So pleased :)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,743 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Ooh excellent work both of you! 😃

I've had a £25 voucher for some research i took part in. Need to check where i can use it but will likely go for a supermarket so it goes on stuff I would have bought anyway 😊

Feb total currently at £230.74, so divided by all the days in Feb gives me £7.96 a day. Got about £10 in Prolific i think, and MB is at about £62 so if that doesn't go down too much I'll make my £10 a day total 😊
  • CoffeeSonata
    CoffeeSonata Posts: 117 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    @Makingabobor2  - really glad the surveys picked up a bit for you! 
    £30 from surveys seems amazing to me! (on the waiting list for prolific)

@Highlanddream the holy grail of £50 yougov! I THINK I might get there in March, we'll see!  I haven't decided if I'd rather have a voucher or £50 cash. I guess it doesn't really matter, but either quicker/more efficient? 

@Cheery_Daff you are doing super well! 

I'm possibly done for the month as can't see anything else happening in two days. 

I'm at £110.54/£145 

for £5 a day. So £34 ish left. 

I've had some from usertesting sites.  I didn't manage to get any of the moderated $30 or $60 tests, so it's been slowish.  Highlight for an unusual boost was £15 from a shopping research thing I don't normally do which has given me a £15 boots voucher.  Bonus points it was one of  my most favourite topics: coffee!! 

March I'm predicting will be better if I have a bank switch incentive work out, and cashback payouts. Already have about 5 user testing sessions due to be paid out beginning of March (there's now a 14 day payout /pending wait so anything from about the 16th Feb now pays out in March.)

I haven't managed to get my act together enough to photograph and sell anything on vinted or ebay this month. 
    But I'm still really pleased with an extra £110! 

Some extra cash has got eaten up with having to supplement business expenses sadly, some went to the savings pot for irregular bills (basically car insurance fund which is due in April. 

I'm also due overpaid NI back which will be about £170 - it was supposed to be sent back within two weeks just over two weeks ago, so maybe will arrive soon. May have to chase up. 
    That isn't really extra money though, as it was mine, and will be coming back! It's still going to FEEL like additional income to me though!! 

Monthly Challenges| March Grocery Challenge - £255/£330 Make £10 a Day - £112/£310 
    2024 Challenges Pay-Off Debt for Christmas - £874/£6000

Savings Goals Emergency Fund - £75/£2000 | 
    Month Ahead Bills  |   Month Ahead Minimum Debt Repayments
    Month Ahead Grocery -  £0/£30  [Month Ahead True Expenses £0/?] 

My Debt Free Diary

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6490048/a-cup-of-coffee-and-two-paracetamol-debt-disability-and-getting-organised-like-the-chickens

• CoffeeSonata
    Options
    I've come back very excitedly to say I've made my target!!

I might be sadly excited! 

I got to yougov points unexpectedly and early  & they paid out incredibly quickly so £50 to my bank account arrived today. 

So I'm now £160.54/£145

and ridiculously pleased at last minute I made my goal of £5 a day for Feb. 

I think I might go buy myself some daffodils for the garden to celebrate. 

(I have bulbs planted, but my snowdrops are really sparse and the early daffodils that are usually there are not at all coming through, and I haven't even seen a crocus. I don't know what's wrong, suspecting cats maybe squashing them.)

I also have £6 in surveys (ib*x£) to clear, though doubt it will clear by tomorrow, so that might be added to March. 

March Extra Income Goal Planning 

Without the yougov, and hopefully with a bank switch might be at about £162 already assuming the switch works out. This included Lloyds cashback due and usertesting.  That's already likely over £5 a day. 

So whilst I was thinking of aiming for £10 a day, with yougov clearing early,  I'm not sure it's doable with the time constraints I have. 
    Business still going very much not well, and as I'm still not working full time on it, I need to conserve energy and concentrate on that. 

However, user testing is variable and I am around in home office a lot in March, it isn't taxing. I also really, really need to declutter and sell some things to get out the house. So maybe I should just aim high! I could aim for something like £8 a day but me being me I like the figures £5 and £10 and it is the £10 a day challenge! 
    £5 though seems already a given, so it isn't so challenging fun! 

I just might lose my mind with any more inb*x surveys that bail half way through, I'm not on prolific(waitlist), neilsen has accepted me but then......nothing happened? No following up emails or sending any info to start scanning. I'm wondering if I should contact them, or if a long wait after being accepted to get started is normal?

I still have not recovered from people and my last attempts at the book of face marketplace, which feels like an easier way to shift stuff quicker but oh my goodness: people and scammers. So vinted for clothes, ebay for most other things. Not sure I have the patience for FBM. 

I don't have spare money to buy material to take on a side hustle yet selling crochet things, though I am making some toy whales for friends' kids for Easter.  Considered selling excess baby plants and seedlings at my door this spring though, unsure if most won't just be taken. But maybe worth a try, last year I just put some out for free, and some people still put some odd change through the door even though it was clearly marked free to a good home! 

Monthly Challenges| March Grocery Challenge - £255/£330 Make £10 a Day - £112/£310 

My Debt Free Diary

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6490048/a-cup-of-coffee-and-two-paracetamol-debt-disability-and-getting-organised-like-the-chickens

• CoffeeSonata
    Options
    Back again to add inbx£ cleared £6. 
    So I'm now at £167/£145 ! Yay! 

My Debt Free Diary

• Highlanddream
    Options
    @Makingabobor2  - really glad the surveys picked up a bit for you! 
    £30 from surveys seems amazing to me! (on the waiting list for prolific)

@Highlanddream the holy grail of £50 yougov! I THINK I might get there in March, we'll see!  I haven't decided if I'd rather have a voucher or £50 cash. I guess it doesn't really matter, but either quicker/more efficient? 

@Cheery_Daff you are doing super well! 

I'm possibly done for the month as can't see anything else happening in two days. 

I'm at £110.54/£145 

for £5 a day. So £34 ish left. 

I've had some from usertesting sites.  I didn't manage to get any of the moderated $30 or $60 tests, so it's been slowish.  Highlight for an unusual boost was £15 from a shopping research thing I don't normally do which has given me a £15 boots voucher.  Bonus points it was one of  my most favourite topics: coffee!! 

March I'm predicting will be better if I have a bank switch incentive work out, and cashback payouts. Already have about 5 user testing sessions due to be paid out beginning of March (there's now a 14 day payout /pending wait so anything from about the 16th Feb now pays out in March.)

I haven't managed to get my act together enough to photograph and sell anything on vinted or ebay this month. 
    But I'm still really pleased with an extra £110! 

Some extra cash has got eaten up with having to supplement business expenses sadly, some went to the savings pot for irregular bills (basically car insurance fund which is due in April. 

I'm also due overpaid NI back which will be about £170 - it was supposed to be sent back within two weeks just over two weeks ago, so maybe will arrive soon. May have to chase up. 
    That isn't really extra money though, as it was mine, and will be coming back! It's still going to FEEL like additional income to me though!! 

I took the £50 voucher, I think it "felt" more than the cash for some unknown reason. LOL. The surveys seem to worth more now, maybe they are better after you have done 5000 points ?

• Makingabobor2
    Makingabobor2 Posts: 2,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Making the debt go down and savings go up

LBM 2015 - debt £57K / Now £32,521

Mortgage 05/24 £16700 Officially ends June '26 but plan to be MF sooner
    Total OPs 2022 - £240   2023 - £1766
    OPs so far in 2024 £660.00

Challenges

EF #68  £105/£1000
    1p a Day '24 #12  £95.49/£667.  SPC '24 #41 £13.75
    Christmas '24 £30 

Make £5 a day - May £20.55/£155            
    NSDs May 3/15

My debt free diary...https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6396218/we-will-get-this-debt-down-the-savings-up

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback