easyjet claim form for diverted flight

Options
I was one of the passengers affected by easyjet being unable to land at Gatwick overnight Sunday/Monday 21/22nd jan and had to make my own way home from Birmingham. The pilot announced before he finally let us off the plane that we would probably have to make our own way home as there were no ground staff to assist us.

I have a claim form here Compensation Claim Form (easyjet.com)
However whilst it says it includes diverted flights at the top the drop down box when you do the claim does not include it, and the other options do not apply.

I've tried googling but cannot find a specific claim form- can anyone point me in the right direction please?
Thank you 
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• la531983
    la531983 Posts: 1,861 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You arent going to be getting compensation for a weather event.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    la531983 said:
    I don't think OP suggested that, they're presumably looking for reimbursement of the transportation home from Birmingham?

I don't know the answer to OP's question about a form allowing diversion to be specified, but, in the absence of anything more suitable, 'delay' ought to suffice from the dropdown list, as there was a delay to arrival at the final destination (Gatwick).
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,208 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 January at 12:39PM
    Options
    la531983 said:
    eskbanker said:
    la531983 said:
    I don't think OP suggested that, they're presumably looking for reimbursement of the transportation home from Birmingham?

I don't know the answer to OP's question about a form allowing diversion to be specified, but, in the absence of anything more suitable, 'delay' ought to suffice from the dropdown list, as there was a delay to arrival at the final destination (Gatwick).
    As eskbanker has noted I am not looking for compensation just reimbursement of the train fare and taxi to the railway station that I needed to get back down South. It's a shame that the claim form says compensation - I would feel more comfortable if the form did not imply I was trying to claim for anything other than my costs for going where I needed to be.

I'm also sadly aware that I can't claim for the cost of the hotel I had booked at Gatwick for my arrival - and it is unlikely to be worth claiming from insurance as it was sub £100.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    Options
    Just to update, I have submitted it as a delay and it was acknowledged immediately with a message to my phone. I'll wait and see what happens now.
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    soolin said:
    However whilst it says it includes diverted flights at the top the drop down box when you do the claim does not include it, and the other options do not apply.

Delay was the correct option to select

Let's Be Careful Out There
  • soolin
    Options
    That is strange- that little click box didn't work for me! Luckily I choose the 'delayed' option.

It also picked up on the divert to Birmingham, so I had to opt for Birmingham being my destination rather than Gatwick as Gatwick did not show as an option for my flight. 

I'll have to be patient and see what happens, I scared myself with all the horror stories about easyjet not refunding for anything, but I've done the best I can with receipts and opting for train for the majority of the journey rather than just hopping in a taxi. Mind you Birmingham at 3.30 am is not fun, I'm glad I wasn't on my own.

My only worry is that my taxi receipt shows the company name and amount paid, as required, but not the to and from route which easyjet seem to need, we only took the cab to the train station - and taxi said that was the only receipt he ever supplied in situations like this and seemed happy as it had a company name and VAT number on it. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback