PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Pulled Offer Post Survey

Options

Comments

• lookstraightahead
    lookstraightahead Posts: 5,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 January at 11:52PM
    Options
    I have a 150 year old house. What were all these issues? There are always many with an old house. Unless you give them the survey the agents can't tell anyone anything can they. Not sure why you're so interested in this after you've decided to pull out. Basically you don't want the house, but someone else will, even with all the 3s. 
  • OisinH7719
    OisinH7719 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Sorry, late to reply to this. This was the summary of the issues identified:

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hardly major 
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Smalltownhypocrite
    Options
    To be fair they only have your word for it and 1 random screenshot that isn't proof of anything. 

You haven't proven theres anything wrong so as far as the factually know there isn't.

• Smalltownhypocrite
    Options
    Our recent survey said everything bar the doors was level 3 pretty much. 

Several of those things I can outright ignore though such as the electric/gas/heating certificates, smoke alarms, cosmetic condition of kitchen/bathroom, artex, cracked pavement and even the damp. 

I knew all those things when offering.

So overall there only the structural issue that really matters, 90% of the survey is just boilerplate.

• Smalltownhypocrite
    Options

lol thats all standard... mostly modern regulation stuff, a touch of maintenance (buyers job) and the only mild one is the timbers but frankly EVERY 200 year old house is going to have bouncy floor timbers, they are 200 year old lol.

My survey would have given you a heart attack if your fretting over this.
  • DayDreamerandGeneralWaster
    Options
    You're being a bit harsh on the OP. He may not have the money to carry out these repairs. He offered on what was described as an immaculate property, not one that needs work. 
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

lol thats all standard... mostly modern regulation stuff, a touch of maintenance (buyers job) and the only mild one is the timbers but frankly EVERY 200 year old house is going to have bouncy floor timbers, they are 200 year old lol.

My survey would have given you a heart attack if your fretting over this.
    And most first time buyers who run a mile over such matters 
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Replace the possible lead pipework"!? Not "check whether it's actually lead first"?
  • ManuelG
    ManuelG Posts: 671 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You're being a bit harsh on the OP. He may not have the money to carry out these repairs. He offered on what was described as an immaculate property, not one that needs work. 
    Yeah, we were maybe a bit naive when we walked round looking at one place, needed a surveyor to point out the obvious with hindsight (including the live wires hanging across the kitchen worktops!).

Turned out surveyor was right really, as it sold (eventually) for over £50k less than we offered.

Bit I didn't expect the agent to change their listing on something I said. The cummupence was the extra time the vendor took to actually sell it as a result if not listening to us. Who knows, maybe they'd have got lucky with another buyer - hindsight is wonderful isn't it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback