Co Op Switch offer (seen 15th January 2024)

Options

Comments

• worriednoob
    worriednoob Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    dcs34 said:
    I'm not too bothered about the £50 bonus, but for the £100 incentive, what is the quickest and easiest way of doing the 5 transactions?
    5x £1 Amazon Giftcards?
    Thanks @dcs34 - Regarding the direct debits - Do these need to have already been setup in the previous account or can these be setup with Co-op after the switch has taken place?

1.3 In the 30 days following the switch completion date:

a) has deposited at least £1,000 into the eligible account (this can be transferred as part of the switch and/or by one or more deposits);

b) has at least 2 active direct debits or standing orders in place on the eligible account at the point of payment (this can include any that are transferred as part of the switch);

Sorry for being so thick Stargunner, so does that mean I'm okay to switch from my Lloyds current account which has no DDs and that I can set these up later once the switch is complete?
    Yes, that is fine to do. Standing orders are also acceptable and it is easy to set a couple of those up just paying yourself into other accounts that you have.
    Thanks very much!  I'm going to start the switch now.  I hope the process is not as problematic as Barclays.  That was just dreadful
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you need to supply the debit card number of the current account you are transferring?
  • worriednoob
    worriednoob Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    gt94sss2 said:
    Do you need to supply the debit card number of the current account you are transferring?
    Yes you do.
  • kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On the form for existing customers, after you've filled in the bank you're switching from's a/c info and and a switch date, the next page asks "Would you like to transfer all or some of your regular outgoing payments?" but a) I've already indicated I want a full switch and b) it won't let me write anything in the box. What's that about?

• HHUK
    HHUK Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kuepper said:

What's that about?

I assumed that because I had already stated I wanted to do a full switch the facility to enter details in that box had been deactivated
  • crikaus
    crikaus Posts: 83 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 January at 2:21AM
    Options
    I have a cashminder account already but it is not part of this offer can i apply to open a coop standard current account as a second account which I can switch a barclays account into? 
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    dcs34 said:
    Excluded if you "have had, or be waiting to receive, any switch incentive from us since 1 November 2022".

T&C 1.5 "Has not previously benefitted as a new customer from this, or any previous Co-operative Bank current account switch offers since 01/11/2022. This includes if a Refer a Friend referral form has been submitted and is due to be paid after this offer was made available."

To my mind this seems to exclude people who had a referral bonus paid for opening and switching into a new account (i.e. they were being referred) but doesn't necessarily exclude those who got the £125 referral bonus paid to an existing accounts (because they referred other people), because they weren't new customers at the time and technically got a referral rather than switching incentive (although we know how Co-op like to interpret their own T&Cs!!). Does that read the same way to other people?

Also note the generous 2 Direct Debit or standing order requirement.

Annoyingly I got paid £125 for switching/being referred on 9th December 2022, so think I am excluded from this one!
    Yes that is how I interpreted it too.
  • Sallyforth
    Sallyforth Posts: 438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Yay - bye bye Barclays hello Co-op for both of us.  Applied last night and received emails this morning accepting applications using 2 month old Barclays accounts complete with x2 active DDs to switch.  All seems fairly straightforward so far fingers crossed.
    SF
    Tilly Tidying and
    PADing in 2024 £250.62
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________

RIP Mum & Dad - thanks for helping me on my journey to be
    Debt and Mortgage free from 2018

• SCC2
    SCC2 Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Applied last night around 8pm but not had confirmation yet, are they usually a bit slow ?
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    crikaus said:
    I have a cashminder account already but it is not part of this offer can i apply to open a coop standard current account as a second account which I can switch a barclays account into? 
    You should be able to. Just be careful of a hard search if this could cause you a problem. Not sure if they carry these out for existing customers. If you are not applying for any other credit and you don't need an overdraft should be nothing to lose.

Cheers
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure