IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

why PCN are not sent with signed for delivery (Smart Parking)

Hi All

I don't get this.
PCN invoices should be required by law to be sent with signed for delivery.
I missed the PCN from Smart Parking (SP) and now I have Debt Recovery Plus (DRP) asking for £170 (which I am following the forum advice and going to ignore).

I have even open a petition but maybe there are better way to call for this change and would value the forum opinion. I can't post a link yet because new to forum but I have used change.org

In my case, I was in hospital for my mum and just missed the PCN in the pile of unopen letters.
I would have liked to appeal on the basis that PCN was issued 16 days after contravention but . I guess is too late now that have 53 days from the time the PCN was issued. But SP website appeal keep saying try in 24h (at least make it clear you are no longer able to appeal)

So what options do I have now I guess just sit tight and wait to be taken to court as the keeper.

Many thanks for the forum support 
Giaco

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,104
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    A hospital car park perhaps?
    If so, complain to PALS at the hospital.
  • giaco
    giaco Posts: 2
    First Post
    no sorry it wasn't at the hospital.
    It just happened that I spent 3 weeks at the hospital with my mum ignored all correspondence and PCN was delivered at that time.

The car park was behind a pub and I thought it was the pub carpark.
    At the entrance there was a sign saying it was a private carpark.
    It was Sunday, it turned out it was £1 all day, pitch dark. I made a mistake thinking that just using the pub would have been ok and signs were for discourage non customers. 

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,343
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 13 January at 1:42AM
    giaco said:
    no sorry it wasn't at the hospital.
    It just happened that I spent 3 weeks at the hospital with my mum ignored all correspondence and PCN was delivered at that time.

The car park was behind a pub and I thought it was the pub carpark.
    At the entrance there was a sign saying it was a private carpark.
    It was Sunday, it turned out it was £1 all day, pitch dark. I made a mistake thinking that just using the pub would have been ok and signs were for discourage non customers. 
    You won't be paying it anyway.  Yes just sit tight & ignore the threatograms.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback