Comments

• Bazzalona13295
    Bazzalona13295 Posts: 815 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 18 January at 1:04AM
    Options
    mjm3346 said:
    mjm3346 said:
    I went for and got the 24 again earlier and it took around 70 searches just now to get the 13.
    I search and click the list of links on Reddit, I'll wait 30 seconds or so and click again a few. Then open an incognito browser window, login and usually get the search bill. if you continue to search in the same browser window it takes ages. You can delete your cookies and browser search history as well instead of a new incognito window. 
    Y-Live and others pay around £1 for 5 mins (same as 20 SB a minute) and that's what I look for - so 24 SB for a couple of searches is worth it but 13 SB is worth 40 seconds of my time unless it's something I don't mind doing
    Fair enough, how long does it take to reach the £50 payout with Y-Line and do they send surveys frequently?
    You're doing well if you get £50 every 3 months.

I find the surveys tend to arrive in clusters, my last £50 was in Oct (I think - the money is always delayed within their rules) and through Oct/Nov I'd already got past 20 points (£20) if not 30.......but then it really slowed up again and I'm on about 35 now.
  • Bazzalona13295
    edited 18 January at 1:02AM
    Options
    Trying to send a pic but I'm hopeless, these dates will give you an idea into the regularity of the surveys :smile:

31st Oct - 3 points (£3)
    1st Nov - 1 point
    3rd Nov - 2 points
    5th Nov - 1 point
    11th Nov - 1 point
    16th Nov - 2 points
    26th Nov - 3 points
    29th Nov - 3 points
    14th Dec - 2 points
    9th Jan - 2 points

I am indeed on 35 points and as you can see Nov was a good month (immediately after cashing out) but in the last 6/7 weeks I've only made £4.

The surveys come to you via e-mail so its a case of waiting for them, whereas to a degree with Swagbucks you can force the issue with purchases, games, trivia, searches, Swago, Team Challenges all in addition to surveys.
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mjm3346 said:
    mjm3346 said:
    I went for and got the 24 again earlier and it took around 70 searches just now to get the 13.
    I search and click the list of links on Reddit, I'll wait 30 seconds or so and click again a few. Then open an incognito browser window, login and usually get the search bill. if you continue to search in the same browser window it takes ages. You can delete your cookies and browser search history as well instead of a new incognito window. 
    Y-Live and others pay around £1 for 5 mins (same as 20 SB a minute) and that's what I look for - so 24 SB for a couple of searches is worth it but 13 SB is worth 40 seconds of my time unless it's something I don't mind doing
    Fair enough, how long does it take to reach the £50 payout with Y-Line and do they send surveys frequently?
    Takes just over 4 hours work to reach £50 and that can be 3 or 4 times a year (higher when there are elections), Consumer Pulse, is another one with a good hourly rate worth at least £150 a year, while Pinecone pays £3 a survey or £6 per product test they are few and far between for my demographic. Swagbucks used to be well up there with £60 upwards per month passive earnings just from letting mobile videos play.
  • marmaladeatkins
    Options
    If you get a survey about pre-ordering video games, there's a question about half the way through asking if you've ever cancelled a pre-order, answer YES otherwise they'll DQ you (found out the hard way!)
  • Bazzalona13295
    Options
    If you get a survey about pre-ordering video games, there's a question about half the way through asking if you've ever cancelled a pre-order, answer YES otherwise they'll DQ you (found out the hard way!)
    Yep I fell at that hurdle too!
  • emsi_b
    emsi_b Posts: 365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I got the 50sb credited this morning for the Nike survey, very surprised it was so quick and they agreed! 
    Make £2024 in 2024- £352.54/£2024

41/200- bust my craft stash 2024! £10.80 spent
    211/200- bust my craft stash 2023!
  • pebblebeach8
    pebblebeach8 Posts: 384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I was doing a search, and not sure what I clicked on, but a Team Challenge came up and it let me join - says it has just over 3 days left, not sure if anyone knows about it.

https://www.swagbucks.com/team-challenge?cid=518
    Thanks to all those that post.   
  • pebblebeach8
    pebblebeach8 Posts: 384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just got the 18sb collectors bill in case anyone needs it
    Thanks to all those that post.   
  • mjm3346
    Options
    I was doing a search, and not sure what I clicked on, but a Team Challenge came up and it let me join - says it has just over 3 days left, not sure if anyone knows about it.

https://www.swagbucks.com/team-challenge?cid=518
    Posted on the second page of this thread and if you click on the daily "Earn XX SB& Get X SB" while on swagbucks it shows any swagos or team challenges you can join
  • mjm3346
    Options
    Just got the 18sb collectors bill in case anyone needs it
    I'd forgotten all about searches today so got it 2nd click
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts