We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

NOWtv Broadband (Part of SKY)

Options
This information may be of help if you are with NOW tv Broadband.

I recently came to the end of a 12 month contract with them.  Whilst awaiting changeover to another supplier, there was a delay with the new installation so I carried on with a monthly contract with NOW tv.
I informed NOW via email to end my monthly contract at midnight 1st January as the new supplier was installing on 2nd January, which was completed on that day.

NOW tv then took out another month payment from my bank account on January 3rd.  When I complained, they told me that they needed to be informed by telephone when dealing with these issues. (Apparently email had not been read by them even though sent 4 days before cancellation date). Reason for the email is that I get sick and tired of waiting up to 20 minutes to speak to someone when phoning service providers these days.
They agreed to refund me part of the full amount taken out but that I will have to wait 28 days to get it back into my bank account.  Also they informed me that I have to phone them on the 28th day to give them my details for my refund.

NB; Funny that, because they did not phone me when they took the money out of my bank account without my permission! (Apparently this is done without having to set up a direct debit/standing order).

Please make sure you speak to someone when arranging your contract/services with them and not rely on emails.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    johnwhy said:
    This information may be of help if you are with NOW tv Broadband.

I recently came to the end of a 12 month contract with them.  Whilst awaiting changeover to another supplier, there was a delay with the new installation so I carried on with a monthly contract with NOW tv.
    I informed NOW via email to end my monthly contract at midnight 1st January as the new supplier was installing on 2nd January, which was completed on that day.

NOW tv then took out another month payment from my bank account on January 3rd.  When I complained, they told me that they needed to be informed by telephone when dealing with these issues. (Apparently email had not been read by them even though sent 4 days before cancellation date). Reason for the email is that I get sick and tired of waiting up to 20 minutes to speak to someone when phoning service providers these days.
    They agreed to refund me part of the full amount taken out but that I will have to wait 28 days to get it back into my bank account.  Also they informed me that I have to phone them on the 28th day to give them my details for my refund.

NB; Funny that, because they did not phone me when they took the money out of my bank account without my permission! (Apparently this is done without having to set up a direct debit/standing order).

Please make sure you speak to someone when arranging your contract/services with them and not rely on emails.

Hope this helps.

This is standard practice for all broadband providers, not just Now.
    If you're out of contract with Now its just a 30 day rolling contract, which is also standard.

Anyway if you're changing provider you don't need to speak to your existing provider.  You just pick somebody else and they'll do all the work and you get a pro-rata refund in due course.

Not sure what you're complaining about, everything seems pretty standard from what I can see...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure