PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

La Dolce Vita - 2024

Options

Comments

• Christianne1957
    Options
    The price hike for Olive Oil is staggering - ditto Sunflower Oil that has doubled in price.
    I decant mine from the original bottle into a spray bottle as I tend to be a big heavy handed & overly generous - it's really handy to cut calories as roast potatoes/veg cook crisp & brown with a light spray of oil  rather than sitting in oil and it makes the bottle last longer 
    Newly retired and looking forward to 
    a fulfilling, positive & happy future.

• helensbiggestfan
    helensbiggestfan Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Christianne You were up with the larks this morning.  Lol.  

What a brilliant idea.  I have just ordered a spray bottle.  👍

Slept for a staggering 8.5 hrs. It's Day 14 since quitting caffeine and I do feel like I'm still detoxing.  It's all good though.  Onwards and upwards.  
  • Christianne1957
    Options
    Please send me some of that sunshine Helensbiggestfan! Its been rain every day here for weeks - hoping for an early Spring as it's so dreary & wet

Received a Valentine Card yesterday that cheered me up - it was from my lovely Dogs Trust sponsor dog! 

Looking after my 3 old/rescue horses is pretty full on at the moment as the clay ground has turned to slurry so they are stabled overnight. I'm completely DIY & off grid in a rented field, it takes 4-5 hours daily to muck out, do feeds etc so pretty labour intensive at this time of year but its a labour of love . . . .  it keeps me fit & away from the temptation of browsing the shops & spending money on "pretty tat"!

Retirement is proving to be very active as I have restarted running with my local club and am on week 7 of C25K so hope to ready for a few races this summer

Have a good day all

Newly retired and looking forward to 
    a fulfilling, positive & happy future.

• OpalGirl
    OpalGirl Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Had a lovely day out yesterday to celebrate my 60th birthday. A friend took me on a mystery day trip with a lovely lunch followed by a look around some art/craft galleries and shops and back home along the coast with coffee and cake on the way. Catching up with other friends next weekend for dinner. Now have a week off work so looking forward to doing some decluttering around home and spending some time planning for (I hope) retirement later in the year.
  • helensbiggestfan
    Options
    Happy Birthday. 🎂💐🍾.  Sounds like you had a lovely time.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback