We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Moving on

1…321322323324325327»

Comments

  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I actually wrote the above on Monday evening and the computer hit a gigantic go-slow so I couldn't do a thing. It's taken till now (Thursday) to solve it, but I seem to be £20 poorer and it is vastly faster, but I have a backlog of things to do, so not too much writing for now.

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Today has been packed: two loads of washing on the line, two loads of ironing done, most of the prep for Sunday completed and a shopping trip fitted in, along with collecting a parcel. Between those I did some paid work and chased up the 'missing' pay. I'm pretty sure it's not missing as one of the unexplained sums in my main job is for the exact amount of hours I claimed for, but while today's reply from payroll at least attempted to answer mine (the one earlier this week was away with the fairies, as they say), they've still not explained some bits and pieces that need to be put right.

    So anyway, we are both worn out and are going to prioritise sleep, as the solar people are coming at eight tomorrow and at lunch time the family is descending to celebrate DH's birthday. I made DH's birthday cake this evening but he didn't hear the timer and I was in the bath, so it's rather overdone. At least he has a cake! Then I went to prepare curry for tomorrow and the ground coriander looked strange and didn't smell of anything. I use it quite a lot so I hope it's not dangerous, but I've thrown it out and will have to get more in the morning once the solar people have gone.

    Meanwhile the house is not tidied and I have too much stuff, but I'll pack my work things away and the session notes for Sunday can go in the relevant bag, and that's a couple of things we don't have to deal with in the morning.

    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

    Fashion on the Ration 2025: Fabric 2, men's socks 3, Duvet 7.5, 2 t-shirts 10, men's socks 3, uniform top 0, hat 0, shoes 5 = 30.5/68
    2024: Trainers 5, dress 7, slippers 5, 2 prs socks (gift) 2, 3 prs white socks 3, t-shirts x 2 10, 6 prs socks: mostly gifts 6, duvet set 7.5 = 45.5/68 coupons
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.